HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I am thinking about getting a USP 9 compact. I think X-grip makes an extension don't care for it? My question is can the HK 45 Tactical compact base plate be used on a standard USP 9 compact magazine with that base plate removed? The HK Tact comp extension is call the elephant foot. Can you swap the 9 C magazine bottom plate and take the elephant foot from the 45 Tactical and swap it to the 9 C magazine? I looked at the jet funnel USP 9 C conversion.
Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

Charles

·
Registered
131 Posts
The "Elephant Foot" isn't an extended base plate. The 10 round mags for the HK 45 Compact are just full size HK 45 magazine bodies with a base plate that goes further up the body. This allows the magazine to to not be over inserted into the Compact's magwell. The X-Grips for the USP/P2000 series are just gap fillers to prevent over insertion if you want to use USP Compact mags in the P2000 or P2000sk.

I don't see why the elephant foot plate would not be able to fit on the USP Compact magazine (I just moved a regular base plate from one of my USP Compact 45 mags to a P30sk 9mm mag body), but I don't know if it will mate properly with the bottom of the magwell.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tyrael, thanks for the reply. From what I have read the elephant foot gets attached to a full size HK45 magazine. The elephant base plate covers the gap difference of the compact magazine when changing to a full size HK magazine, because the full size magazine will extend the magazine well.

If anyone has tried this on a USP 9 compact using a full size USP 9 magazine with the HK 45 elephant base, please let us know.

Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The comparison I'm trying to make is the HK45 full size magazine will fit in a HK 45 compact when using the elephant base plate The HK45 tactical compact comes that way with elephant base plate. My simplified question is why wouldn't a full size USP 9 magazine fitted with the HK 45 elephant base plate attached to a USP 9 full size magazine installed in the USP9 Compact? Some of the Guys here modified a Jet Funnel kit to use the full size magazine. Or used the X-Grip plate.
At this time I have not purchased a USP9 C. If I had a USP 9C I would purchase the HK45 elephant base piece and use one of my FULL size USP 9 magazine with the elephant base plate replacing the standard base plate. I'm trying to avoid getting a HK45 Tactical compact that comes with a full size HK magazine with the elephant base.
Just trying to understand. Not trying to be hard headed or dumb.
Charles

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys, I called HK. The Tech Guy, did not think it will work unless I modify the HK 45 elephant foot. HK does not recommend making any modified changes.

If anyone has tried this change please let us know.
Thanks in advance
Charles

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
My USP Compact 9mm shipped with the extended base plates. You can buy the flat base plates for them. The 2 pistols dont share mags, so whatever you get for the 45 Compact wont work on the 9mm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The USP9 fullsize magazines will not work in the USP9 Compact in the first place. It's not like the HK45 or Glocks where the magazines are interchangeable between the fullsize and compact. USP magazines are for the USP and USP Compact magazines are for the USP Compact.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dragnet, now I understand. I have 2 Glocks, you are right that is where my thinking was at. I just left the gun store and purchased a new HK45 compact. Issue solved. Thanks for all the help.
Charles

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The comparison I'm trying to make is the HK45 full size magazine will fit in a HK 45 compact when using the elephant base plate The HK45 tactical compact comes that way with elephant base plate. My simplified question is why wouldn't a full size USP 9 magazine fitted with the HK 45 elephant base plate attached to a USP 9 full size magazine installed in the USP9 Compact? Some of the Guys here modified a Jet Funnel kit to use the full size magazine. Or used the X-Grip plate.
At this time I have not purchased a USP9 C. If I had a USP 9C I would purchase the HK45 elephant base piece and use one of my FULL size USP 9 magazine with the elephant base plate replacing the standard base plate. I'm trying to avoid getting a HK45 Tactical compact that comes with a full size HK magazine with the elephant base.
Just trying to understand. Not trying to be hard headed or dumb.
Charles
The HK45 and HK45C/HK45CT mags use the same mag housing. The USPf 9 and USPc 9 mags do not and the full-size mags are a tad thicker (a little more than 1mm). That's the reason the USPf 9 mags will not fit a USP Compact.

23.59mm is for the USPf mag. 22.42mm is the compact.

And this is how far a USPf 9mm mag will go inside a USPc 9mm magwell.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks twosixy, I was having a Glock minute. Thanks for taking the time to show everyone the difference between magazines. I just purchased a new HK45 compact. Problem solved.
Charles

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
^^^^^
That's the kind of problem solving we all like!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Thanks twosixy, I was having a Glock minute. Thanks for taking the time to show everyone the difference between magazines. I just purchased a new HK45 compact. Problem solved.
Charles
No problem. I fully understand your reasoning and am glad to clarify. If the HK45 full-size mags fit the HK45 Compact, why not the USP series, right? The only real issue is that the HK45 series use the same mag housing/body and the USP series do not.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The P30 mags are what you want. They work in the USP 9mm Compact.

X-Grips makes an extension like what you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts