HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a 45 Tac for a while and am very happy with it. I also own a 9mm Expert and it is perfection: the smoothness of the slide movement on the frame, the lightness of the recoil spring, the lack of muzzle flip, accuracy. I would think that the 2 guns would be pretty much the same, both having the same length O-ring barrel, match trigger, etc, but the Expert seems just a bit more perfect than the Tac. So I'm considering buying an Expert in 45, but keeping in mind that the P30 and HK 45 loom in the near future. What do you think? Anyone own both a 45 Tac and a 45 Expert that can offer some comparative comments?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I have an Expert in 9 and 45 and love them both. I do not own a tactical but one of my good friends has one. The tac is pretty much the same gun but has a lot taller sights. I prefer the expert. I can not own a suppressor so the tactical would only be for cosmetics, I would rather have a little longer sight radius the expert gives me. Also the tactical can not be used in some competitions because of the threaded barrel, stupid but rules are rules. If you can afford it I would buy it. Yes the P30 and HK45 are now out and its a matter of time till they have more models like the USP series and the USP series will be phased out. But it will be a couple of years till those models come out and will probably be made in the US just as the HK45 is going to be made in the US next year. In my opinion any HK made in Germany is going to be worth more and to many people the USP will still be their favorite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts