HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just bought a Taurus .45 and holds 12 rounds in the clip. I have a HK .45 USP Compact which only holds 8 rounds. The Taurus clip is the same exact size but holds more rounds. Does HK make a clip that holds 12 rounds like the Taurus?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The USP full size MAGAZINE holds 12. You should break the mags down. Compare the follower size and report back. I bet it is because HK uses such large followers in their mags.

maybe?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you were in the Corps like your screen name suggests, then you would know that they are magazines, not clips.:) The full size USP 45 has a 12 round magazine, the compact has 8.

·
Registered
93 Posts
USPc 45 mags are not true double stack mags, dunno why they did this(maybe someone can fill me in) but if you look at the witness holes you can see how the round stack in the various mags. I have heard the compact 45 mag referred to as a 1.5 stack mag as they dont totally stagger but dont sit exactly on top of one another either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a way to get a 12 round clip...or should I say "mag" so reaper8154 doesn’t get his panties in a bun...that will fit in the compact?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The reason our "panties" are in a bunch is because nobody makes a clip for a USP because the design does not call for one.

If you don't want to be corrected for using the wrong terminology, I'd suggest you avoid forums in general, especially if you're going to have an attitude about it.

Anyhow, you can purchase an HK45 magazine for your USP compact.

It will give you 10 rounds instead of 8.

Those are your options for magazines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, now another smart guy has commented...Hey Marksman, until you have actually served in the military or been in combat, then you really have no say on whether or not to call it a clip or mag. You being 22 and all...must give you a lot of experience huh...But as you can see now, reaper8154 has only misunderstood where I am coming from by calling a it a clip, and not a mag...and by bun..meaning knot...panties in a bun=knot. But I do appreciate the fact you said there are 10 round mags for purchase. What website do you suggest?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ok, now another smart guy has commented...Hey Marksman, until you have actually served in the military or been in combat, then you really have no say on whether or not to call it a clip or mag. You being 22 and all...must give you a lot of experience huh...But as you can see now, reaper8154 has only misunderstood where I am coming from by calling a it a clip, and not a mag...and by bun..meaning knot...panties in a bun=knot. But I do appreciate the fact you said there are 10 round mags for purchase. What website do you suggest?
Argumentum ad hominem is usually avoided here, just so you know.

If you'd like the been-there, done-that, going back for more military opinion- it's a magazine. :330:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hmmm, lets see...

reaper8154, Check
Marksman14, Check
Opening poster totally reamed for clip terminology, Check

Seems like its a pretty normal day in Gun Forum USA (lololololo)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hey USMC29,
You can purchase HK45 or HK45c 10 round mags that will fit your USP .45c. Here is a thread to see how the Hk45c mags will look in your gun....

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70619

You can purchase them from CDNN (although they are currently out of stock) or board sponser ML Security Products.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much Mark71...I appreciate you sticking to the thread topic and not bashing what people call certain things. Your pics are great. I just figured HK would make one that looked stock but held 12 like the Taurus does. Do you think I could take it to a gunsmith and have it staggered somehow? Like I said before, the Taurus mag looked almost identical in size as mine. You would think HK would have matched that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok, now another smart guy has commented...Hey Marksman, until you have actually served in the military or been in combat, then you really have no say on whether or not to call it a clip or mag.
lol Like being in the military or being in combat has ANYTHING to do with calling something by what it is. Get off your high horse.

On topic: CDNN has mags last I heard. www.cdnninvestments.com

Good luck...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thank you very much Mark71...I appreciate you sticking to the thread topic and not bashing what people call certain things. Your pics are great. I just figured HK would make one that looked stock but held 12 like the Taurus does. Do you think I could take it to a gunsmith and have it staggered somehow? Like I said before, the Taurus mag looked almost identical in size as mine. You would think HK would have matched that.
There is no way a gunsmith could change a magazine's capacity unless they shaved down the follower or extended the mag. The best you can do is 10 unless you wanna weld.

·
Registered
16 Posts
couldn't he use a +2 floorplate to get the extra 2 rounds?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you were in the Corps like your screen name suggests, then you would know that they are magazines, not clips.:) The full size USP 45 has a 12 round magazine, the compact has 8.
I never served in the Military and I don't use the term "clip." However I have met a lot who have served - many of which use the term "clip" instead of magazine. I don't see it as a reason to challenge their military service.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Clips are used when the weapon contains an internal magazine. It is a metal "clip" that holds all the bullets together until they are ready to be stripped into the guns internal "magazine". i.e. the 8 round clips used for the M1 Garand in WW2

Magazines are the actual device that holds and feeds rounds into the chamber of a weapon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts