HKPRO Forums banner

HK 45C Worried about this.

2233 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  NoobSzum
Hey all I have been at the range quite a bit lately and just had some free time to clean the pistols. I became very alarmed when I noticed what looked like a crack on the left hand side of the frame across from the trigger bar (right at the intersection where the horizontal slide rail turns upward horizontally.) I bought the gun new in May. It was manufactured in 2011 (BB date code) and test fired November 28, 2011. I have never used anything but range ammunition at standard pressure and always brass. Every time that I have taken the pistol down it has flawlessly come apart and then re-assembled perfectly. Zero misaligned slides or anything like that.

After closely examining it, it looks like more of a scratch in the polymer but there is some sort of bulge there as well.

I know that there are other threads regarding polymer imperfections but this seems more urgent considering it might be the start of a polymer failure. However I don't believe the location of this flaw to be at a stress point.

The gun has been nearly flawless with about 1200 +/- rounds through her. The only problems I have ever had were two hammer follows in the beginning. I was made aware that I might be causing the follow by riding the de-cocker. Since then I have been vigilant to ensure that my thumb under the de-cocker and subsequently have had no issues at all.

Thanks in advance for the help. THIS IS THE BEST FORUM OUT THERE, :62:

John

See attached pics. and a video link.

???? - YouTube THIS IS THE YOUTUBE LINK.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will mess with the camera when I get home to see if I can take better pics. I am sure there is some app that will let me get close ups on my android phone

@joho there is a small red arrow pointing at the point of intererest in one of the still photos.

You may have also noticed some wear on the piece above the scratch/crack. What I am thinking is that something in the slide is banging against this part of the frame with each firing.

I will contact cs at my first opportunity because more than anything this is making me question the firearm. The last thing I want in ny head is doubts if and when I have to trust the gun with my life.

Thanks,

John

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I guess all I needed to hear was that someone else had similar marks. As requested though I have taken some more pics using "macro mode" and better lighting.

You guys rock.

Thanks,

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.