HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I saw this for sale. Any ideas on how to fix same. And what would you pay for a weapon like this? Thanks

Cut form ad-
"up for auction is a weapons hk 51 clone. i bought this gun a few years back used. i shot under 100 rounds through it. it never was 100% reliable.it will not pull the case out of the chamber or it gets stuck in the ejection port. its probably a simple fix but i just dont want to send it in to get it fixed and with the crazy ammo prices now i would not shoot it anyway. i am down sizing my collection and i dont want to mess with it any more so i am starting the bid out at what the gun would sell for parts. if you know how to work on these type of guns this will be a great deal. it is being sold AS IS no returns . this 51 clone has a 1-20 sef semi auto lower, barrel extention to make it legal, choate folding stock, hk 51 vented hand guard, finish is 95%, it has the claw mount marks on the receiver, the receiver is a sw cast receiver,paddle mag release. 5 20 round mags.this gun is built like a tank,i dont know the manufacture,on the side of the receiver is reads, made in the usa weapons llc,tempe az, w-3 7.62mm. serial no#99-09-001x."

·
Premium Member
8,631 Posts
Guys,
I saw this for sale. Any ideas on how to fix same. And what would you pay for a weapon like this? Thanks

Cut form ad-
"up for auction is a weapons hk 51 clone. i bought this gun a few years back used. i shot under 100 rounds through it. it never was 100% reliable.it will not pull the case out of the chamber or it gets stuck in the ejection port. its probably a simple fix but i just dont want to send it in to get it fixed and with the crazy ammo prices now i would not shoot it anyway. i am down sizing my collection and i dont want to mess with it any more so i am starting the bid out at what the gun would sell for parts. if you know how to work on these type of guns this will be a great deal. it is being sold AS IS no returns . this 51 clone has a 1-20 sef semi auto lower, barrel extention to make it legal, choate folding stock, hk 51 vented hand guard, finish is 95%, it has the claw mount marks on the receiver, the receiver is a sw cast receiver,paddle mag release. 5 20 round mags.this gun is built like a tank,i dont know the manufacture,on the side of the receiver is reads, made in the usa weapons llc,tempe az, w-3 7.62mm. serial no#99-09-001x."
With it being sold AS IS, and no idea what's really wrong with it, and the fact that it has a cast receiver, not more than a few hundred $$$.

·
Registered
886 Posts
2 things come to mind to look into, an oily/dirty chamber would cause the spent shells to stick. Chamber should be clean. Another possibility is the wrong locking piece is installed. Gordon Miller has them for $105, I believe its a #18 piece; but please double check on that.

Bill

·
Registered
179 Posts
+1 on Bill's advice but...

Just buy a new one from Vector Arms and you don't have to worry about buying a problem child. They run from ~$1000-2000ish depending on configuration.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Not worth the headache unless you get it for a few hundred bucks. If it has a American made barrel there was an issue with them haveing tight chambers a long time ago which could possibly cause the ejection problem.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Best advice overall is to get a Vector V51, I have one and its reliable and actually fairly accurate for what it is.

Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
ya i was looking at it too.. but 500 is a lil to much for me even to part out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts