HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a MP5 cocking handle can be used on a G3K or a HK 51 instead of the standard folding cocking handle. What type of modification would be needed? Has anyone done this already?
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Does anyone know if a MP5 cocking handle can be used on a G3K or a HK 51 instead of the standard folding cocking handle. What type of modification would be needed? Has anyone done this already?
Thanks
Chris
No, I don't think that would work. I mean, sure, you could find a way to get it mounted to the cocking tube support, but I don't think you'd be able to unlock the rollers with it.

The reason is that the G3 series handle pivots, and acts as a lever to increase the force when you pull it away from the cocking tube. A lot of people are even putting on the longer HK21 handle to increase the leverage to unlock the rollers.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
+1

Yep, you'd have to yard on that MP5 cocking handle till it broke in order to get a G3K or 51 to unlock. Theres a tremendous ammount of effort required to unlock the action.

Thats why the Roller delayed blowback is such a good action, it creates a large delay and lots of force to cycle the action.

As Aviator Dave already said, a lot of guys are putting 21 cocking handles on their 51's or 91's, the extra leverage might be what your looking for!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have seen a picture on HKPro of someone who has a HK51 and a MP5 style cocking handle on it. It may be Gilliebear. It can be done.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks
Chris
Do you lift weights or something?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have seen a picture on HKPro of someone who has a HK51 and a MP5 style cocking handle on it. It may be Gilliebear. It can be done.
It was a 51K, almost a blowback gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts