HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Got that cetme K front end in that I picked in the WTS section. This is purely just a project that I quite frankly don't care if it ever works or not. But I figured I'd give it a fair shake. Let me start by saying I'm not a machinist nor even a gun smith. But I'm handy with tools. So we'll see how this goes. I picked up an FMP carrier to go with this front end. The cocking tube is shot. Someone cut it off too far forward to use again. I'm hoping this is gonna be as easy as just buying a53 cocking tube. But I have no idea how long a 53 tube is. Can someone please measure it from stem to stern and let me know what you get? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My measurements on this kit are approximately 9" for the cocking tube that was cut off at the frame. The barrel is roughly 12.3". Hard to tell while pressed in the trunion.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And here's another. How do you fix the gap between the cocking support and the bolt carrier? This is an FMP carrier.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. Nobody knows? I know this is kind of an odd project. Just need a little measuring.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have 8 1/8 from triple tree to weld. This doesn't include the sleeve that goes into the receiver though. I'm guessing about 9 3/8's by measuring the sleev e from my 93 tube. The 53 that I measured is already on the gun.

It looks like you need a short cocking tube support to meet cocking tube gap. Is this a 12" barrel? Are you doing a k length 12" barrel with 53 length handguard?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 8 and 3/4" tree to weld. Tht means a 53 tube should work. I'm not really sure what I'm building. The hand guard on this thing is custom cut and is not even close to the size of my MP5 hand guard which I thought the 53 had the same size hand guards. Am I wrong on that?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The propper 53,51 handguard is longer than an MP5 one.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Um hmm. That picture is helping this make more sense. I could use a 53 tube, 91 FSB and 53 hg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts