HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would be a decent price for one? figure it has been shot ~1k rounds... I found one, and am considering a 53 build.

Thanks for the help.

eta: barrel is stamped HJD

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
What would be a decent price for one? figure it has been shot ~1k rounds... I found one, and am considering a 53 build.

Thanks for the help.

eta: barrel is stamped HJD
I've been looking for one for a few months now. So far, only found one - he's asking $800 for it.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
do you know what the marking on the barrel is?
No, haven't asked. I've got one other person with a sample that's going to be cut up, but haven't got a price for it yet. I'll compare the kit price to the barrel and associated parts since I already have a 93 I'll be using for most of the parts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Since the HK53 barrels & cocking tubes have dried up $800 is not a bad price but make shure to get the whole front end if possible so cocking tube is factory correct and reinforced. My TSC machine HK53 which I used all HK53 factory parts is allmost finished & I will post some photos as soon as I get it. I paid $1000.00 for a complete front end but the barrel & chamber face were as new. I did not care about spending alot on a barrel if it was like new because most of the HK53 barrels I have seen have pitts all around the chamber face & I do not want to build a expensive gun with a worn out barrel.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I forgot to mention the newer barrels have serial numbers on them instead of date codes as I remember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts