HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have a Fleming Sear and I can take the trigger pack out of the 53 and change out the extractor and shoot it in my 91 host or 9mm K or my soon to be MP5/10mm!!! I would go with a Sear Pack rather than a RR unless you have lots of cash for many RR guns, GYZ

And to answer your question: The sear pack will fit on any 90's series weapons with the correct C&P'ed lower, GYZ

Does that mean i can have a burst pack installed on a 53 and the sear would work and then i could take the sear and put it in a 90's series with or without the burst pack and it would work if the weapon is modified to accept the sear?

You guys have been giving me awesome info, thanks so much for the advice !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Here you go , this guy has a HK53 built on a HK93 reciever with all original parts by one of the best smiths in the buisness & is as close to a factory HK53 as you will get.
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=97976

If you buy this gun at $5500 which is a good deal all you have to do is buy a sear pack which can be found for as little as $13000 ( and right now is the time to but before prices go up) and the total will be $18500 plus transfer fees. Here is the ad below incase the link does not work.
NFA Market Board

WTS/WTT HK53a3, HK33ka2 hosts...5500-3875 shipped

Posted By: Don in Richmond, VA <[email protected]> (c-68-57-76-39.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: 12/8/07 10:12

WTS/WTT HK53 built factory perfect by TSC Machine. IH date code 93, correct remark, Lauer paint, excellent demilled 53 front end (correct 1/7 bbl, triple tree cocking tube), factory FH, carrier,recoil rod, #15 LP, french a3 stock. Nothing is cut down-perfect in every way. Comes with a c/p semi SEF pack. Unfired since conversion. $5500 shipped. HK33k built factory perfect by TSC Machine. II date code 93, correct remark, Lauer paint, correct 1/7 bbl, grenade ring, factory carrier, a2 stock with thick rubber butt pad. All factory perfect in every way. Comes with a c/p semi SEF pack. 100 rds fired without a hiccup. $3850 shipped. Both guns are on a form 4 in VA. Prefer a trade for a blaster grade M16 RR gun plus cash on my end. The 53 is the first run of the 137 prefix serial # and the 33k is one of the last of the same run. Buy both and we can strike a deal in your favor. Call or email with questions. 804-723-5008. Thanks.

So in this case because it has a barrel shorter than 16" i need to go the NFA route even though it has no auto sear in it correct?

If i where to buy something like this does it mean that it would not be a problem to add a burst pack and then the lower would have to be restamped to show a 3 shot burst?

Is it easier or quicker to get the non auto sear weapon now and then go through a little more trouble to get the auto sear?

In other words what is more difficult/time consuming to get and how hard is it to get the non auto sear weapon?

I already have several corporations and doing a living trust should not be a problem for me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Any rifle with a barrel length of less than 16"" requires a $200 transfer. A registered sear pack will also require a $200 transfer as well. Once you own the sear you can put it on any HK 9x rifle to make it full auto like a SP89,hk94,hk93, or any other clone or custom made HK rifle that accepts that type lower. Most sears will come in a S.E.F lower but you can allways have a gunsmith install it in a pictogram lower (with the bullet markings) but expect to pay around $800 to $1000 for this conversion since the S.E.F & pictogram lowers are different inside & are not compatible. Factory correct built HK53,s like the one I showed you only come around a few times a year for sale & will be much harder to find than a HK autosear plus since the supply of factory HK53 parts kits have allmost completely dried up the value will likely go up more in the future. I personally would not cut up a HK93 for a HK53 build unless all of the parts were factory correct & not cut down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Any rifle with a barrel length of less than 16"" requires a $200 transfer. A registered sear pack will also require a $200 transfer as well. Once you own the sear you can put it on any HK 9x rifle to make it full auto like a SP89,hk94,hk93, or any other clone or custom made HK rifle that accepts that type lower. Most sears will come in a S.E.F lower but you can allways have a gunsmith install it in a pictogram lower (with the bullet markings) but expect to pay around $800 to $1000 for this conversion since the S.E.F & pictogram lowers are different inside & are not compatible. Factory correct built HK53,s like the one I showed you only come around a few times a year for sale & will be much harder to find than a HK autosear plus since the supply of factory HK53 parts kits have allmost completely dried up the value will likely go up more in the future. I personally would not cut up a HK93 for a HK53 build unless all of the parts were factory correct & not cut down.
Thanks for your help again, i have sent an email to the individual who had the 53 for sale to see what he says.

How long would it take for me get the approval for the short barrel rifle and what is the best /quickest way to go about it?

You guys have helped me tremendously thanks so much for your time !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
One other thing on transfers - if it's coming from out of state, there are TWO transfer fees for each transferable item - one for transfering it from the seller to his FFL, and one from your FFL to you. There is no charge for the transfer between dealers.

There may be some ways around the first fee, but I've always had to pay them both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If i where to convert this 53 to a full auto with a burst pack does i mean the burst pack would also work with the 90's model as well or would the receiver have to be modified?

If i make the 53 full auto with a burst pack can i just take out the auto sear only and the auto sear would work on the other 90's model as well?

I pretty much have made up my mind what i am going to do it's just the final quesitions that are left i guess.

Is there a particular type of auto sear that i am looking for like a manufacturer or do i just look for an auto sear that will work on the HK 90's model?

Where do i look for that in the future as well?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Ricky, this should answer quite a few of your questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well guys, after some thought i took the plunge and sent a deposit on the gun while i do the paperwork.

I even found a firearms attorney nearby me that is an NFA dealer as well and he will do the living trust for me,submit anything/everything to ATF and see that everything goes smoothly.

He will also receive and transfer the firearm to me as well.

The attorney even answered all questions i had and he had a vast amount of knowledge on the matter.

If anyone ever needs a progun NFA licensed dealer who practices law specializing in firearms feel free to contact me!!

He is located in Broward county Florida.

Thanks again to all for the advice !!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
http://www.pdhsc.com/class_iii.htm

Here is a great deal on a new Qualified sear pack which is a very good deal. The Qualified & Fleming sears are exactly the same & will usually demand a higer price.

I kind of had my heart set on the burst pack option and i do not know if this can be converted to a burst pack or not?

Do they sell the trigger group with the burst pack already installed or is it added to like what you are showing me?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I kind of had my heart set on the burst pack option and i do not know if this can be converted to a burst pack or not?

Do they sell the trigger group with the burst pack already installed or is it added to like what you are showing me?
No , this can not be converted into a burst pack but it is a very very good price for a new & unfired Qualified sear is a SEF pack. You can allways take the sear out of the SEF & have it installed in a burst pack. There are 2 brand new 4 position burst packs on the Sturm boards right now for $450 each which is also a very good deal but they will need to be converted to accept a registered sear.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts

The burst pack is a completely different pack. I saw the two Money mentioned, and they are a good price for new burst packs, but I wonder if they are HK made or POF made, the seller didn't specify. Heck, I don't even know if POF makes any burst packs.

But if you do get a burst pack, it will fit right onto the receiver. After you get the pack, you'll be looking at another $200-$300 to get it modified to accept your registered sear.

HOWEVER - I have a burst pack, because they are so very cool. But now I never use it. I always use my Navy pack. There is really no need for the burst function, especially on a 9mm. During the MP5 operator course, the burst selection isn't even allowed, it's all done in the full position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The burst pack is a completely different pack. I saw the two Money mentioned, and they are a good price for new burst packs, but I wonder if they are HK made or POF made, the seller didn't specify. Heck, I don't even know if POF makes any burst packs.

But if you do get a burst pack, it will fit right onto the receiver. After you get the pack, you'll be looking at another $200-$300 to get it modified to accept your registered sear.

HOWEVER - I have a burst pack, because they are so very cool. But now I never use it. I always use my Navy pack. There is really no need for the burst function, especially on a 9mm. During the MP5 operator course, the burst selection isn't even allowed, it's all done in the full position.
Can you take the autosear out of the burst pack lower and put on the other lower and it works and is legal?

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Can you take the autosear out of the burst pack lower and put on the other lower and it works and is legal?
If you have a registered sear, it will not fit into an unmodified factory pack, be it a burst pack or an SEF pack. The registered sear were intentionally designed slightly differently than the factory sears (actually called "catches", BTW) so that they were not interchangeable.

So if you get a burst pack, and a pack that has a registered sear in it, you MUST MUST MUST!!!!! discard the factory sear that comes in the burst pack, and have it modified to accept your registered sear. If you leave the factory sear in it, and have it clipped and pinned to fit your semi-auto receiver, you have just created an illegal machinegun conversion device. The only way to stay legal is to put your registered sear into the burst pack if that's the one you want to use.

Technically, you're not even supposed to have more packs that can accept a sear than you have sears, but that is a secondary issue.

And I just realized I mistyped earlier, the burst pack itself will not fit right onto the receiver. It must be clipped and pinned, meaning some machine work must be done to the front ears, and clearance added so the semi-auto shelf will fit into the front of the pack.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts