HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a very dumb questions, but how would I tell the difference between the collapsible stock for the HK53 and one for the MP5? Since outwardly they look the same. If anyone has comparison photos that would be great, I like pictures!:440:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect! Thank you sir!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I have a stock with the MP5 buffer, where can I get the right buffer for my 53 and how much are they?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Why does it look like the 53 stock is the same minus the rubber buffer?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I compared the pictures/links that df662 gave me and that's all I noticed. Are there more differences???

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I compared the pictures/links that df662 gave me and that's all I noticed. Are there more differences???
In addition to the buffer differences, the rails on the .223 stock are longer than that of the 9mm. A .223 stock will not latch in the closed position on a 9mm receiver and conversely, the 9mm stock will close completely and and have a large gap at the end of the rail where it approaches the trunion on a .223 receiver.

The easiest way to differentiate if not able to view side-by-side is still the buffer or lack thereof.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
That makes sense now turbo. Seems they'd have put a buffer in the 53 stock too. But I guess the carriers are buffered anyway, right? So that would be too buff! Lol.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That makes sense now turbo. Seems they'd have put a buffer in the 53 stock too. But I guess the carriers are buffered anyway, right? So that would be too buff! Lol.
The carrier can be either buffered or non-buffered. The newer .223 A3's with the concave buttpad will have the buffer in the backplate, and the older convex stocks are a mixed bag. I've seen both buffered and non-buffered backplates on the older ones.

Best,

TC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts