HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had always written off getting one of these because I thought they all had flash hiders (makes them an assault weapon in California) as written in the World of HK pages here.
Then I stumbled on a GB auction which looks like a 770 without a flash hider.
->Did HK make these both ways, or is the non-flash hider an aftermarket thing???
Pic of rifle in question:

·
2,832 Posts
think it depends on the vintage, I have seen them both ways but I think I have seen many more without the flash hider, the SL6/7 had them for sure

·
2,832 Posts
I might be backwards.....now that I looked at one of mine....seems I kinda forgot what the flash hider looked like on a 770...so I take that back.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I have 2 of the 770 models, one with a flash hider & an older one without. So I know for sure they made both. At least in .308

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've never seen a 630 or 940 without the f.h./muzzle brake. The first couple years of the 770 were without a muzzle brake. But after that, they all seemed to have them installed. I never really warmed up to the 770s with the muzzle brake. Very loud and not as compact. It seems from the 770s I've owned or examined, that the early ones(w/o the muzzle brakes) didnt have the pachmayer flush mount q.d. sling swivels either. Anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
52 Posts
let's see an SL7/6 with a factory original flash hider

think it depends on the vintage, I have seen them both ways but I think I have seen many more without the flash hider, the SL6/7 had them for sure
I have a HK770 with flashhider, an SL7, no flash hider. I would love to see a picture of a SL7 with a factory installed flashhider, never seen one.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
All of my sporting rifles came with no flash hider. I have the SLB2000, SL6, 630, and a 770 that I got from Mickey Fowler's personal collection.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Standard SL6 or SL7 don't have flashhiders but the SL6A2 had one and a 2-round burst mode. This is the only photo I've ever seen of the A2 variant:

scroll to the bottom
SL6

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,810 Posts
The article on HKPro has a close up:
SL6

·
Registered
52 Posts
thank you for the information

Thanks for the education and the pic, if I'm good will I get that under the tree at Christmas???

Standard SL6 or SL7 don't have flashhiders but the SL6A2 had one and a 2-round burst mode. This is the only photo I've ever seen of the A2 variant:

scroll to the bottom
SL6

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one in a 940 without also no raised cheek on the stock early version made in West Germany.. Gotta love the Cold War stamp of West Germany lol I keep trying to post a pic but says undefined???

·
Registered
405 Posts
All of my sporting rifles came with no flash hider. I have the SLB2000, SL6, 630, and a 770 that I got from Mickey Fowler's personal collection.
I've never seen a 630 without a muzzle brake. Cool!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts