HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had always written off getting one of these because I thought they all had flash hiders (makes them an assault weapon in California) as written in the World of HK pages here.
Then I stumbled on a GB auction which looks like a 770 without a flash hider.
->Did HK make these both ways, or is the non-flash hider an aftermarket thing???
Pic of rifle in question:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've never seen a 630 or 940 without the f.h./muzzle brake. The first couple years of the 770 were without a muzzle brake. But after that, they all seemed to have them installed. I never really warmed up to the 770s with the muzzle brake. Very loud and not as compact. It seems from the 770s I've owned or examined, that the early ones(w/o the muzzle brakes) didnt have the pachmayer flush mount q.d. sling swivels either. Anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
52 Posts
let's see an SL7/6 with a factory original flash hider

think it depends on the vintage, I have seen them both ways but I think I have seen many more without the flash hider, the SL6/7 had them for sure
I have a HK770 with flashhider, an SL7, no flash hider. I would love to see a picture of a SL7 with a factory installed flashhider, never seen one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.