HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lost the magazine for my old HK 770 semi auto .308. They sell magazines for the SL7 but that is not the same gun and the magazine doesn’t work in the regular 770. [material edited out by moderator.]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hk770 and the SL7 use the same mag ..... both 3rd and 10rd ...... both when found or Not Cheap
And yes .... I have owned both a SL7 and a 770 ....... I still have the 770 .
I may have a spare 10rd mag ...... but it will not be cheap.
There are 10 auctions on Gunbroker right now ...... again ..... not cheap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WRONG

Hk770 and the SL7 use the same mag ..... both 3rd and 10rd ...... both when found or Not Cheap
THIS IS INNACURATE, PLEASE IGNORE. The HK 770 and the SL7 DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THE SAME MAG. Instead of going through a long back and forth forum discussion about it, CALL H and K. I did, and they confirmed it. Keep in mind that this was AFTER I purchased an expensive magazine for the HK770/SL7 only to learn THAT IT DOESNT WORK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which mags do you have? I am looking for the HK 770 .308 in any round size you might have. That being said, the SL7 mag doesn’t not work with the plain ole hk 770

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sooooooo ..... what does an SL7 mag look like ?
Back in the 70's and 80's .... when the SL 6 and 7's came out ....... they used the same magazine as the 770 ..... sorry but they did ..... I handled Both rifles and sold many mags ......
I was the 7th largest HK Dealer in the US .....WAY BACK IN 1979.
Long since discontinued....... I would be surprised if today's HK USA employees would know this.
Again ..... there are 10 HK770 mags listed on Gunbroker ...... one even from Poland .....
With no mag ...... you must " bite the bullet " ...... and open your wallet .

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
The HK 770 and the HK SL7 (.308/7.62x51) BOTH use the same magazines. I have both rifles and there's no doubt that the mags are interchangeable.

Furthermore, the HK 630 and the HK SL6 (5.56x45/.223) BOTH use the same magazines. I have both rifles and there's no doubt that the mags are interchangeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.