HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought some newly made 5 & 10rd ones from JLD/PTR, though they don't currently list them as available. A phone call might yield more current data about their stock status.
http://www.ptr91.com/store/cart.php

Considering how inexpensive the alloy 20rd mags are, I wouldn't hesitate to attempt to cut up a few myself and build them into shorter configurations. If you mess up you're only out a couple of bucks and a Dremel cut-off wheel. ;)

Be warned though that the aluminum alloy is fairly brittle and bending new floorplate retention tabs is a huge PITA. If I attempted it again, I would anneal the freshly cut floorplate tabs with a propane torch prior to attempting to bend them 90 degrees outward.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
Sarco lists 5rd mags for $15.......now they may(suspect they are) actaully be CETME mags, I would ask, the cetme's work but are not the same

but typicaly they sell for $30-50

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://hkpartsonline.com/

shown for 40.00 ea

I have sold some for 50.00ea in the past.

Man, I couldn't find the listing for the life of me. Maybe it's an "AOL" thing.

I found two on Gunbroker for just under $50 each, "like new". I guess i didn't get taken too badly.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful replies. I bought Federal Vital-Shok 150 grain Nosler Partition for deer....may see if the gun shoots with 180 gr NP for elk. I think it would be kinda cool to really hunt with the HK...

Scott

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know a guy with two new HK still in wrappers for $100 ea. twenty years old.

I can call him.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's why your da pimp.

Same guy has six of the .22 rimfire mags for the G3 cal conversion. I would like one of those.

Cheers
MJ

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
now those are hard to find(get some if you can).....got lucky last year and bought a few spares, all new, think I was into them at least $80 each(but had to have some spares)...but the new SG1 stock for $100 made up for it ;)

I dig the Nambian stocks on your 91, on the 93 did you use a 91 wood center section with a 93 cap? looks great :)

That's why your da pimp.

Same guy has six of the .22 rimfire mags for the G3 cal conversion. I would like one of those.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
twitchy I screwed up your post, I went to qoute it and edited it by mistake(nothing wrong with your post)...I'd fix it if I knew how, sorry

Here is a place that list actual factory HK 5 round mags for $40 but does not show a picture which makes me cautious about ordering from them and also the fact that I have never heard of them either:
http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/magazines.html

BTW I also would sell the three I have for $100 each :43:

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
Vito(only the best) should be OK, he is a good guy(bought some parts from him in the past), but still worth asking if HK

glad you knew that SARCO had the Cetme, price made me assume it was.

I think there is even a alum 5rd mag, pretty sure I have one, most are steel

there are also some 10rd mags out there, I like those, only found 2.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The green minnie has the 7" buffer.

The 93 was an A3 wit buffered bolt so I used a old 91 socket and traded the sliding stock for a PSG trigger.

Cheers
MJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts