1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have the US made extended cocking lever on mine and it is slightly better on the fingers but not all that much unless you have weak grip strength.

If you want to maintain the purity of your race...I mean rifle, there is an HK made extended lever from the HK21 machinegun if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Some can't wrap their head around this:

I hook my sling in the handle and use it to operate the action. A quick jerk and it is open, and a snap back and it closes. Very rapid, at least for me, especially when shooting prone.

This was learned many years back from a retired German army officer at a SOF convention in Las Vegas. I've seen it in photos of Greek military doing the same thing.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I installed a longer/extended cocking handle on my 91, works perfect. The one alteration I had to perform was on my forearm using the good ole Dremel tool in removing some material underneath the handle as to allow the handle to lay flat. Take your time. Mine came out PERFECT!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Some can't wrap their head around this:

I hook my sling in the handle and use it to operate the action. A quick jerk and it is open, and a snap back and it closes. Very rapid, at least for me, especially when shooting prone.

This was learned many years back from a retired German army officer at a SOF convention in Las Vegas. I've seen it in photos of Greek military doing the same thing.

Dennis
I actually didn't have any issues working the action with the stock handle. The rubber coating on mine was pretty worn so I went with the extended on a whim when I replaced it. I wouldn't spend the money to do it again though.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I have a couple of them, but I've never gotten around to installing them? just another in a long list of HK work items I intend to do at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts