HKPRO Forums banner

HK 91 how accurate?

16074 Views 25 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Blitzkrieg
Wanting to know how accurate users have been able to shoot and group the HK 91 and what type of ammunition being used, trigger, stock etc...

Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
If it quits raining I'm taking my 91 and my PTR G.I. to the range in the morning with some junk ammo cause my cases from Aim's will not be here till Monday. I think it'll do alot better than the average posted, but I'll be at a 100 yd indoor range with no wind and a lead sled from the bench-------I know that's cheating but I want to see what the rifle will do under "Laboratory" conditions. Ken

· Registered
195 Posts
Here's a group shot today from my HK-91. I fire-lapped it, Bill Springfield trigger,PTR brake,MSG-90 heavy buffer, cheek riser,B&T low profile mount, lapped Burris Extreme Tactical rings, Burris Ballistic PlexLRS 3-9x group shot on 9x in a lead sled at a 100 yd indoor range. I'll go back and see if I have a old pic of the rifle too.

· Registered
195 Posts
It will shoot better than I could see. The only target that I took a pic of was one of the first 2-PTRs that would not feed surplus well, it was a 16" that I fire-lapped and set up like these. I shot a 10 shot open sight group off the HK bipod and elbows and a A3 collapsable stock off the bench. OK I was pretty proud of it. The 91 shot this well with open sights, I just did not save the target.

· Registered
195 Posts
Guys if you can shoot 2 MOA with irons, when they start choosing teams I want you on mine. Two tricks that I did on my irons was I took a good precision file and narrowed my front sight to around .050 and skipped the V-Notch 100 yd setting and sighted in 2" high at 100 yards and used the 200-meter/yard setting. It fits the front ring perfectly and your group size will drop in half immediately. If you're shooting 2-MOA with that huge 100 meter V-Notch you are a Bad***. I have Bill Springfield triggers in everything, you can't shoot well with a twelve lb trigger. Both of them have been fire-lapped, and in a lead sled not bags and a indoor range with no wind, as close to laboratory conditions as you can get. Those were my AR-10 Match handloads but Privi shoots very well too. The PTR-G.I. shot .942" with Privi. The hand load is Boran Nitride coated which reduces friction, barrel wear and chamber pressure so I won't post the charge because if someone used that with a "NAKED" uncoated bullet it might be too hot. It's Lake City Match brass, uniformed flash hole CCI Bench Rest primer, Varget powder, Sierra 155 gr Palma Match King Boran coated, Lee factory crimped and muzzle velocity of 2,670 fps at 850 ft elevation. But if ya'll are posting AR groups,------------I'll Play--------This is my favorite AR with it's baby bullet, after I fire-lapped it and put on a Miculek Muzzle brake. POI was low before sight-in, but look at the group. I would not trade a truckload of them for my HK-91, I can't explain it, they are addicting, I don't do drugs but HK's have to be worse than drugs.

· Registered
195 Posts
Moly Coating atracts moisture and your barrel can rust under the moly, but Boran Nitride-------DOES NOT-------- go to David Tubbs webite, the world's greatest Rifle shooter is retired now and he's selling all his secrets at David Tubb - Superior Shooting Systems - Tubb 2000 - Final Finish every serious shooter I know is going to Boran. Tubbs is selling a Boran do-it-yourself kit with instuctions and depending on what bullet it does a bunch. Happy Shooting, Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.