HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used g 3 locking piece for my 91 project. The locking piece has the numbers on it 080 what does this mean? does this have to do with size?
thanks in advance, botica

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been a member for some time ,but never ask a question before can someone help? Am I asking in the wrong forum?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Are the numbers electro penciled in, or are they stamped in?
The number is probably the last three digits of the original guns serial number.
On many guns, the bolt, carrier, locking piece, lower, stock, .... are stamped or electro penciled with the last three digits of the guns serial number.
If the number is elctro penciled in (below pics), this is more than likely what it is - last three of the guns s/n.
If the number is very cleanly stamped in (like the bottom pic), well, you'd have to post a pic cause it doesn't make sense.
G3 locking pieces do not have the locking piece number stamped in.
ETA: And BTW, edit your posts to add additional questions instead of creating a whole new post.

Original guns serial number penciled in:

This is the locking piece designation:

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pto guy the 080 is engraved like after the fact . Ijust tryed to upload a photo but I think i still lack the skills to do as such . Do you know where I can find out what size rollers went with what serial number locking piece? Or made there is an easyer way to do this?
thanks,botica

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Botica, since you have been a member here since 2008 you already know that this is a forum, not a text message box... slow down man, I think I got a speeding ticket trying to keep up with your posts.

·
Registered
893 Posts
pto guy the 080 is engraved like after the fact . Ijust tryed to upload a photo but I think i still lack the skills to do as such . Do you know where I can find out what size rollers went with what serial number locking piece? Or made there is an easyer way to do this?
thanks,botica
There is no #80 angle locking piece, so it is more than likely the original guns serial number. There is no way to know what the original rollers were. Buy a standard set, install, measure head space and then adjust as needed. No, there is no easier way to do this.
Why don't you explain exactly what you have and what you are trying to do. Build yourself ?, fix an existing gun ?, etc, etc, with detail, and you can be helped a whole lot better than asking an open ended question about something you're doing that we don't know about being easier.
And stop posting like a text messenger, post once in reply and edit that post.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry its been a while since Ive been on hkpro and ive never posted before. Sorry for mixing every one up I didnt know I sould edit the same post and ill slow down thanks.

1.a couple years back I bought a cetme receiver with the front end complete no bolt group , no trigger group ,no stock .I believe the barrel and trunion are original. I bought a trigger group ,stock , bolt carrier and a g3 locking piece with 080 engraved on both sides will this locking piece being a g3 locking piece work?
2.For next time how can I post or where can i go to learn how to post a photo?
thanks in advace botica.
1st)edit thanx shattered mind but no.
2nd)edit will a g3 locking piece work in a cetme?

cool thanks for the help ptoguy !

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Oh... for a minute

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
I thought you

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
were just trying to boost your post count.

·
Registered
893 Posts
1.a couple years back I bought a cetme receiver with the front end complete no bolt group , no trigger group ,no stock .I believe the barrel and trunion are original. I bought a trigger group ,stock , bolt carrier and a g3 locking piece with 080 engraved on both sides will this locking piece being a g3 locking piece work?
2.For next time how can I post or where can i go to learn how to post a photo?
2nd)edit will a g3 locking piece work in a cetme?
-A G3 locking piece will not work in a Cetme. See here for Cetme G3 compatibility: Cetme Parts!
RTG parts sells some Cetme specific parts. Apex gun parts has a lot of them, and I'm sure other places have Cetme parts as well.
If you have a Cetme barreled receiver made with Cetme parts, it would be best to stick with Cetme parts for the rest of it, IHMO, instead of mutt'ing something up. If you so want to mutt it up, see that link for what will work.
-I use photo bucket to host pictures, cause I can upload from my phone and then copy the link to the post. There are other methods. There is probably a "How to post pics" sticky on this board someplace, but I'm not going to search for it, you can.
-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts