HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I believe the "911" was 91 with the 1 added to a neutered version of the 91 to get past the daddy Bush import restrictions responsible for f***ing up all kinds of scary guns with ugly stocks and other cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Legit. They add the extra 1 a to the 91 and put a sleeve over the barrel so that it could not except a muzzle device.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Legit. It's an overstamp too allow for importation during a ban

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good news. I thought someone was trying to pull the wool over my eyes. You say they put a sleeve over the barrel? Would that prevent me from cutting it down to G3K length?

Legit. They add the extra 1 a to the 91 and put a sleeve over the barrel so that it could not except a muzzle device.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ALL German sounds like a good thing. Unfortunately, I'm suspicious of the buyer now. Can't find his username info on this forum or any other forum where I placed a WTB HK 91 post. His english in our emails is a little "off". And most concerning is he asked me to send a money order for the rifle to a woman's name and I can't imagine the owner of this rifle is female. I've asked for his FFL # and a link to his user profile on any one of the forums so I can do a little vetting. Any other ideas how I can verify this guy before I send a boatload of $$ via money order to him/her?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the rifle is allegedly in Chester, TX. However I'm now doubting everything. I have sent request to the seller for his FFL#, username profile, references etc. So we'll see if he can satisfy my inquiry. Not looking good though.

·
Registered
989 Posts
the rifle is allegedly in Chester, TX. However I'm now doubting everything. I have sent request to the seller for his FFL#, username profile, references etc. So we'll see if he can satisfy my inquiry. Not looking good though.

Let me guess you found this HK911 for a grand on Armslist?

Look we're going to have limit your access to the website here to "Rookie Corner" only.

If you can't get proof of life, a written piece of paper with your user name and the seller's user name- don't buy.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you're probably right. I'm not safe in here.

Look we're going to have limit your access to the website here to "Rookie Corner" only.

If you can't get proof of life, a written piece of paper with your user name and the seller's user name- don't buy.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts

Definite pass!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,189 Posts
ALL German sounds like a good thing. Unfortunately, I'm suspicious of the buyer now. Can't find his username info on this forum or any other forum where I placed a WTB HK 91 post. His english in our emails is a little "off". And most concerning is he asked me to send a money order for the rifle to a woman's name and I can't imagine the owner of this rifle is female. I've asked for his FFL # and a link to his user profile on any one of the forums so I can do a little vetting. Any other ideas how I can verify this guy before I send a boatload of $$ via money order to him/her?
Are you just trying to see how many Posts you can make about the same thing? Are you just looking for permission from someone to send the money? I will give it to you go ahead sounds like a great deal send him/her the money.......let us know how it turns out...........

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Go with your gut.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
you're probably right. I'm not safe in here.

Here goes, if it looks to good to be true, it is.

Why not tell us what you are looking for exactly and we can help you find it before you get ripped off somewhere. We have several features on this website such as an equipment exchange along with an HK Heads Up section for all things HK. I personally wouldn't deal with Armslist since it is plagued by carnies and thieves. Gunbroker is pretty solid though, as long as the person has feedback for actual sales instead of racking up their feedback with small purchases to make themselves look legit. Always look for the balance of feedback if possible.

I assume you are looking for a G3 type, preferably original import such as an EBO or HK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts