HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of different original 30mm scope mounts for the HK91 (or 93). One has a plastic tab on the rear end, that must be removed in order for it to fit in the area just in front of the rear sight. The other has no plastic tab (and never did, because it does not have the holes that the plastic tab fits into). Why do some have that plastic tab?
Also, the one with the plastic tab, even after the tab is removed, will not latch onto the gun. It looks like the two round pads on the undersurface of the mount are too proud, preventing the mount from sitting deep enough to latch.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
- The plastic tab works with the military issue G3 that has a slightly different rear sight (can search for photos).
- One can remove a few washers on the two pads (if we are talking the same part - again search for photos and a discussion).
- Are you putting these on German HKs or clones (some of the clones have under formed receivers and don't take some scope mounts).

More later if needed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
I am putting them on original HK's. How do you remove some of the washers on the pads?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice detailed pics JT! Proves again that the members on this forum are the best.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the pics. Yes, it is in the right direction, as it is the one with the built-on 30mm rings. Is there some special tool to remove/replace those little circlips?? Pretty tricky to do, especially on the forward end which has the mount overhanging the tunnel where the circlip is located.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK; think I found the answer. These are not circlips, they are e-clips. There is a tool for that I found on Amazon. But any suggestions from someone who has actually done this would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
E clips push out and then jump .... clean everthing up around you, sweep the floor and put as much away as possible ... then have a good light and magnet to go looking ;-).
Or work in a box.

Good Luck
John

P.S. Not my photos, "borrowed" from the sight I linked to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts