HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have two 91's for sale in the same condition and with the same stuff (mags, bipod) it the saco HK worth more the HK inport? :510:

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Are you selling? If so, drop me a PM.

In any case, SACO was an authorized importer of HK firearms, thus all arms imported by SACO carried their mark. To the best of my knowledge, whether it is marked SACO or not, it's a genuine HK... I don't believe SACO made any mods to the arms once imported.

Which has more value? That very well may depend on who the buyer is but I think in general, the one that wasn't imported from SACO will probably have a slightly higher value, even though both are genuine HK arms. Some people may want a SACO import for historic value or to complete a collection. In that case, you might get more for the SACO import.

Here's a thread that has a lot of good info regarding the subject...
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60692&highlight=saco

·
2,832 Posts
I may be wrong but some of the SACO's are black not the blue/gray on the HK imported(untill later 80's)

may also find a SACO(or HK for that matter, last poly 91 was what 79? besides the SR9's) that has the poly barrel(also look at the bolt head when checkin) like this one on GB
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=88619133

good price I feel for a poly SACO, but I think(just a quess) if the same gun was a poly HK import is would have gone higher.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I could be wrong here, but didn't SACO pin/weld the flash hiders on the 43s in order to get the barrels past the legal minimum length? That's the only "mod" that I can recall that SACO may have made.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I may be wrong but some of the SACO's are black not the blue/gray on the HK imported(untill later 80's)
I believe this is correct in that all early SACO imports were black and in the very early 80's when HK began direct imports, during the "overlap" period the SACO's were blue/grey (but not the same shade of blue/grey that came on the direct HK imports--why I have no clue). The direct HK imports carried the blue/grey finish until I think it was 85 or 86 at which time they were black again (but again, not the same shade of black that came on the early SACO's).

·
Registered
187 Posts
A guy at the nations gunshow had a NIB for $4500. I laughed at him because the FFL dealer I use had a NIB 91 for $2500 on consignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts