HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie when it comes to anything HK but I have the opportunity to purchase a HK 91 it seems to have all the correct markings from what I've read is there anything to watch out for when buying one

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
- Make sure it is actual a HK German built HK91
- General condition of the bore
- Gross condition of the receiver (bent, bulges in the receiver from the rollers etc.)
- Condition of the bolt and carrier
- Bolt Gap (can be typically fixed by new rollers)
- Condition of the receiver finish (more important the higher the cost / closer to 100% or NIB)
- Accessories (i.e. target stock, bipod, A3 stock, optics etc.)
- Condition of the stock and for foregrip (low cost to replace)
- Box and manual for nearly or NIB

And lastly Price, Price and Price

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a done deal yet or I would post pics but it looks good for thirty plus years old but I haven't put my hands on it is somewhere in the 2500 dollar range a good price for it if it's all for real

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
For $2500 is better be darn near new and/or have accessories .... two grand or less is a better for the buyer .... last HK91 I got was two even with more mags that I could carry (yawn), but that was a year or more ago. The lowest I paid for nearly NIB was $385 but you could Form 1 a machine guns then also, so we won't count that one ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks kinda got me thinking about the deal now it's gonna be a cheek or so b4 I can get my hands in it so I hope it as good as he says and what the pics look like

·
Registered
1 Posts
For $2500 is better be darn near new and/or have accessories .... two grand or less is a better for the buyer .... last HK91 I got was two even with more mags that I could carry (yawn), but that was a year or more ago. The lowest I paid for nearly NIB was $385 but you could Form 1 a machine guns then also, so we won't count that one ;-)
Where can I but one at under $2k? On guns america they are all $3k

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
For really nice NIB with box the HKs go for a pretty penny to collectors. If you can stand no box, tiny scratches from a scope etc. then the local store gets a few each year in for $2K for HK91s and $2.5K for HK93s with what ever accessories are traded in. How ever one has to wait a few months or years for the gun you wish, be standing there when it comes in etc., however, they are out there if you watch. I should have taken all five, but the batch of five SAR8's that were new and unfired went for $799 each with ten mags of your choice (some of the 30 rounders were $10) including some US Thermold for 922r parts when the sear is out ;-).

If you need to buy now (vs waiting a year or two or even a dozen years ;-) then the few dollars extra from Gun Broker is not too bad .... just saying for over two grand the gun needs to be in reasonable condition, while as you drop below two grand and then a grand just the barrel and bolt group needs to be there and usable, as might be come a different gun (i.e. G3K, 51, 51K ;-).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts