HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the above rifle. She is basically new. The previous owner only shot 20 rnds through her. Does the model number ( 911 ) and her date make her more collectable than others? She came with green furniture.. slimline forearm, stock and cocking lever. I might of payed too much for her, but I haven't seen too many used rifles in this condition. She is a beauty.

Tell me what you think?

Mike

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
From my view point, the more original it is, the more collector interest. Original box & paperwork? Original stocks? Has the barrel shroud been removed? Removing the thumbhole stock was legal for this gun as long as it was done before 11/1990.

·
Registered
110 Posts

according to H&K none were sold/assembled before Nov 1990 law went into effect. mine and yours were done in December 1990 by h&k in bonded customs as they were illegal to sell without the mods of a thumb hole stock, barrel shroud and matching forearm. mine has the same mods as yours, BUT I have the original parts also. turns out the statute of limitations on violations of 922r is 5 years. but confiscation is a possibility. definitely not legal to mod from stock according to my research and reading. if I need this weapon in a serious time in this world I am not worried about compliance and or confiscation. change gun to use no more than 10 foreign parts and we are legal either way just have not researched exactly which parts I can keep as I have a nice Williams set trigger that I would rather keep and put the original parts back on than take the German trigger off and have a non set trigger. silly isn't it but laws normally are aren't they? post what you decide to do, but NOT legal as sold to you as far as I know. and I bought my parts in may 1991. bob

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
according to H&K none were sold/assembled before Nov 1990 law went into effect. mine and yours were done in December 1990 by h&k in bonded customs
Are you sure it was December 1990?

Bush Sr. initiated the ban in the spring of 1989 and it was final in July 1989. I didn't think the 91s that were converted into 911s were held for over 1.5 years? I bought my SR9 in March 1991, I didn't think the SR9s came out just three months after the 911s were released. I remember there was a fair amount of anticipation before the SR9s came out and I didn't think it was that close to the 911s. Perhaps so?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you sure it was December 1990?

Bush Sr. initiated the ban in the spring of 1989 and it was final in July 1989. I didn't think the 91s that were converted into 911s were held for over 1.5 years? I bought my SR9 in March 1991, I didn't think the SR9s came out just three months after the 911s were released. I remember there was a fair amount of anticipation before the SR9s came out and I didn't think it was that close to the 911s. Perhaps so?
my bad december 1989 of course. I bought on 1/11/90

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since the ATF ruled that the SR9T and SR9TC models were sporting enough, I'm sure you'll be o.k. with putting an MSG90 or PSG1 stock on your HK911. The only difference between the two rifles is that the SR9's had the longer polygonal barrels.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Since the ATF ruled that the SR9T and SR9TC models were sporting enough, I'm sure you'll be o.k. with putting an MSG90 or PSG1 stock on your HK911. The only difference between the two rifles is that the SR9's had the longer polygonal barrels.
If you want to be completely legal, then no, you can't now put a non-thumbhole stock on a 911 unless some of the evil features were restored to that gun prior to November 1990. Chances of someone getting in trouble for it are very slim.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you want to be completely legal, then no, you can't now put a non-thumbhole stock on a 911 unless some of the evil features were restored to that gun prior to November 1990. Chances of someone getting in trouble for it are very slim.
As long as he is parts count complaint he can change what he wants regardless of 'evil' features. He just has to watch 922r for parts count.

As long as the evil features are added after importation and the 10 US made parts are there he can do what he wants, they just cant be imported in an 'evil' configuration. ALmost all the evil featured AKs in this nation are done this way or built out of parts kits

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
As long as he is parts count complaint he can change what he wants regardless of 'evil' features. He just has to watch 922r for parts count.

As long as the evil features are added after importation and the 10 US made parts are there he can do what he wants, they just cant be imported in an 'evil' configuration. ALmost all the evil featured AKs in this nation are done this way or built out of parts kits

Correct, or he could have it converted into an SBR. But, in it's current configuration, unless some of the evil features were added before 11/90, he may have a "technical" issue.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input..
Has anyone EVER heard of.. or know of.. anyone who had his toy taken away due to 922r compliance? Not me. I would think ATF has too many other things to worry about and I doublt if any officers are up to speed on compliance issues.
I heard second hand that ATF says as long as you didn't commit a crime with your weapon, your OK.
Coming from CA, where all fun stuff had to be registered with the state and are now banned. I have NEVER been asked to see paperwork or questioned on any modifications to my HK ( stock, forearm, flash supressor etc. ) At a range or in the field. Sometimes I think we over analyze and get paranoid.??
Now living in the great ( but hot ) state of Arizona, where anything goes.
No worries here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts