HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, will HK 93 22LR conversion kit work in FA in a factory HK 33? Was there ever a distinguish between HK93/33 22lr conversion kit?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,641 Posts
My gut reaction was yes. But now I'm cogitating and I'm not so sure. Gonna go drop off the kid to swimming and then research the NFA Handbook (with a Scotch). If it doesn't answer the question, I'm meeting with the BATF NFA folks at SHOT show and will ask specifically.

·
11,641 Posts
I did not find any guidance in the NFA Handbook. I will ask the fine folks at BATF NFA branch at the SHOT show and report back. This is certainly an interesting question.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Am I missing something about this question?

Why wouldn't it 'legally' work in a F/A HK33? It's not a conversion device on it's own merit, and therefore requires a host firearm to enact F/A function with a registered sear. Install a semi-pack on that same rifle and it lacks the 'catch' (autosear) and 'trip' to automagically drop the hammer for F/A shots.

I must be missing something - this seems pretty straight forward.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Some folks get hung up on what the BATFE Form says regarding caliber. The fact is, if you have a registered HK conversion sear, that sear can be used in a pack in any HK roller-locked long gun or clone of same--regardless of caliber (.22LR; .223/5.56; .308/7.62; 9mm; .40; 10mm)--assuming of course, that the sear & pack are not "married" to a particular host. I've never known this to be a problem; however, there are sellers who will advertise a conversion sear for sale and try to get more money for one where the form shows "N/A" rather than a specific caliber(s) having been stated.

In answer to the poster's original question, I have three .22LR conversion kits--factory kits for the HK G3 and the HK93, and a Fleming conversion kit for the MP5. All three work in full-auto mechanically and legally.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,696 Posts
I did not find any guidance in the NFA Handbook. I will ask the fine folks at BATF NFA branch at the SHOT show and report back. This is certainly an interesting question.
Straightgrain. It's fine. After I answered, it absolved you of having to do any further research.

·
11,641 Posts
Sorry,
Didn't see your post!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Diesel.

Since this isn't a permanent conversion to install the .22LR kit, and the gun is readily reverted back to it's original caliber in minutes, I don't see any legal issue with the conversion kit and Form 4 paperwork regarding the sear.

In contrast, Vector UZI's are registered receivers with ".22LR" clearly listed on the Forms, so some inconsistency exists. Again, thanks for the clarification.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts