HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a Vector V93 and it has been a great rifle. Definately worthy of the HK heritage it came from IMO. Fit and finish isn't as nice as HK but it is rock solid reliable with good accuracy.

The only way to get a 93 clone other than Vector is to find a HK33 parts kit and have someone build it for you.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
vector is the only game in town. i have one and it works great with my sear
While Vector is the only company building an HK93 clone right not, it is not necessarily "the only game in town".

Coharie is currently building an HK53 clone, which is essentially the same thing but with the shorter foregrip and barrel. Imagine an MP5 in .223 caliber. They are selling for a base price of around $925 for the pistol and $1,125 for the SBR rifle. If you live in an SBR-friendly state, you might want to go that route. Otherwise, yeah, I'd get a V93.

Oh, and the CA53AR is going to take inexpensive AR mags, instead of the pricey HK93/53 mags.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While Vector is the only company building an HK93 clone right not, it is not necessarily "the only game in town".

Coharie is currently building an HK53 clone, which is essentially the same thing but with the shorter foregrip and barrel. Imagine an MP5 in .223 caliber. They are selling for a base price of around $925 for the pistol and $1,125 for the SBR rifle. If you live in an SBR-friendly state, you might want to go that route. Otherwise, yeah, I'd get a V93.

Oh, and the CA53AR is going to take inexpensive AR mags, instead of the pricey HK93/53 mags.
Thanks for the info, I live in Florida. I think you can buy a howitzer at the local flea market. If I have 1 AR mag I have 100 if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Cross you fingers. The same "entity" made a HK32 a few years ago that was supposed to use AK mags. None worked and all had to go back to the factory to be "updated" so they would.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Other than the cost, is it really a good idea? My 93 mags (all 12) work flawlessly where we all know about AR mags.
What exactly do we all know about AR mags?

I had problems, years ago, with AR mags. That was when I thought they were all the same. I was using cheap USA mags with crappy followers. They sort of worked but it depended on which of my ARs I was using them in. Later, after doing some research on AR15.com, I bought some quality FN GI mags with the good followers. I've never had any problems with them at all. I think they were about $20 each. I've since bought some more from other quality manufacturers and have had no trouble at all. They run 10-$15 now.

But hey, if you still want to overpay for a magazine, then you can always get a genuine HK built AR magazine.

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/...id=912&zenid=e6d68e78391dd551db90d336a60460d2

Those seem to be built pretty darn well. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
My point is that the HK93 magazine is a better design than the AR mag. Period. Like you said, you have to know which AR mags to buy if you want a good one and even then they are more prone to problems from dust/dirt than an HK mag. Well, that's been my experience anyways. ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love my Vector.Granted it is a safe queen but in 500 rds in 3 years I've never had a problem.Customer service at Vector is also excellant.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
My point is that the HK93 magazine is a better design than the AR mag. Period. Like you said, you have to know which AR mags to buy if you want a good one and even then they are more prone to problems from dust/dirt than an HK mag. Well, that's been my experience anyways. ;)
Got'cha. While the GI mags for the AR certainly are easy to find these days, I could easily believe that the HK 93/53 version works better. I've done a little more reading about these mags and it seems they aren't quite as expensive as I thought they were. Well the Vector mags aren't anyway, and they sound like very good ones.

·
Registered
651 Posts
g36gunner,
Very nice collection there

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Well did a bit more research on the AR mag thing and found a new product that is sort of blowing everything else away. It's the new stainless steel AR mags from C Products.

http://www.cproductsllc.com/

They've gotten great reviews and have a standing (but unanswered) offer to HK for doing a performance comparison. At $12.99 each for 20 or 30 rnd. mags, that's pretty cool. Especially when they're pretty much the highest rated ones available.

Well, only time will tell. I'll probably order about 20 of them in 30 rnd and 2-4 in 20 rnd.

:D

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Definately let us know how they do Retrodog.
Will do.

Got in contact with Niki today (at Coharie) and put in my order for a CA53AR SBR. She said they expected delivery in the March time-frame. Maybe I'll get to play with it a bit before my sear comes in. Maybe not. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cool. I might be picking up an AR for my kids to shoot so I am interested in finding good mags that are also cheap.

Got in contact with Niki today (at Coharie) and put in my order for a CA53AR SBR. She said they expected delivery in the March time-frame. Maybe I'll get to play with it a bit before my sear comes in. Maybe not. ;)
How much did that set you back (CA53AR) if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
How much did that set you back (CA53AR) if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered the SBR version so it's gonna be $1,125. I think shipping is around $20-$30 with insurance. Then the tax thing is another $200. So that'll take it to around $1,350 for me. You can get the pistol version for $925+shipping.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts