HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Question - Having trouble with the cocking handle, the initial pull that brings the cocking handle perpendicular to the barrel is fine, however once it gets perpendicular is gets a little stuck. As in it takes a lot of force to get it to move, once it moves - it moves all the way to the rear fine. It almost feels like there is some kind of friction holding it there. I don't know what other points I can lube this thing.

2nd Question - when investigating this problem I removed the cocking handle assembly, when I put it back together I noticed that the pin has a tapered end. I read from previous posts that folks are punching that pin back in with the thick part on the top and the thin part on the bottom. There is no way that would work for this rifle... Mine went in pretty easily the opposite way with the thin end on the top of the cocking tube and the thick end on the bottom. Any ideas?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
You are correct. HK93 pins install from the bottom-up with the stepped part upwards.

Sounds like your lever may be worn out. The cam-action unlocks the rollers and it sounds like your bolt is not fully unlocking which is giving you the initial resistance.

Try this...

1) Field strip the gun and check to see if the charging handle is binding. Assumming no...

2) Remove the stock and recoil rod and trigger pack but leave the bolt in battery. Try it now (be careful not to launch the carrier out the back of the gun). If you find it sticking again, then more than likely a worn charging handle. Also check the bolt-gap. Too small of a bolt-gap can cause this as well.

Lastly, is this your first rifle-caliber roller-lock gun? They do require some initial "ooomph" so depending on the degree of "stuck", it might be actually normal.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct. HK93 pins install from the bottom-up with the stepped part upwards.

Sounds like your lever may be worn out. The cam-action unlocks the rollers and it sounds like your bolt is not fully unlocking which is giving you the initial resistance.

Try this...

1) Field strip the gun and check to see if the charging handle is binding. Assumming no...

2) Remove the stock and recoil rod and trigger pack but leave the bolt in battery. Try it now (be careful not to launch the carrier out the back of the gun). If you find it sticking again, then more than likely a worn charging handle. Also check the bolt-gap. Too small of a bolt-gap can cause this as well.

Lastly, is this your first rifle-caliber roller-lock gun? They do require some initial "ooomph" so depending on the degree of "stuck", it might be actually normal.
Thanks Chopstix, I am wondering if it is a little of #2 and some of the fact that it is my first roller locking rifle caliber gun. The charging handle is actually brand new. I recently had the gun refinished and checked out. Smith said the bolt-gap looked great - so maybe it's on the small side? When I take out the recoil spring, buttstock and lower, there is still some resistance in pulling the bolt back.

·
Vendor
6,909 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
You'll have to take it out and compare the cam-tip.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I played around with it some more and made a realization. If I try to cock the rifle with my hand towards the end of the cocking handle it sticks, however if my hand is pulling the handle back very close to the cocking tube its better. Is it possible that the cocking tube support is worn, causing it to move, therefore bind?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts