HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys. Still trying to find the right scope for the claw mount, 30 mm, rings. What is the longest length scope that will work in this application?

·
2,832 Posts
11-12" is about perfect. I have a Leupold MRT which is around 11" and thats why I got it, fits the 94 great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Stubbicatt,
I was looking at that the other day and since I have not removed some metal from my claw mount to get it to mount I had to do some guessing. I held up a 12 inch long scope mounted in rings next to the top of my rifle to see if it would interfere with the cocking handle. It looked like it was about as long as I could go before the scope would be in the way. Even with the hi scope position on the the HK claw I am using.

What kind of scope are you hoping to mount? I was looking at a 4x12 with a 42mm optic. I think you would be better off if you could find a scope with a small optic in the front. One that looks more like a pistol scope. I was hoping for a scope for shooting off the bench at 100 yards so I was looking for the most magnification I could get.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I put a Leupold 4-14x50 Mark 4 LRT on my SR9T for that very reason. It's right at 12" long, which I think is about the maximum to still allow the cocking handle to work well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts