HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day HK fans,

Question. An early, mint condition, ID coded Hk-94 with a slim line fore grip, A2 stock and one factory mag. The same previously mentioned weapon, but converted by Ralph Smith at RDTS to an MP5, threaded, lugged, restamped, refinished, are they the same price or is there a difference?

Thanks!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,806 Posts
Price is fluid. Value is only what someone is willing to pay. All depends on what *you* want to pay. And now, Grasshopper, tell me: what is the sound of one hand clapping?

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Good day HK fans,

Question. An early, mint condition, ID coded Hk-94 with a slim line fore grip, A2 stock and one factory mag. The same previously mentioned weapon, but converted by Ralph Smith at RDTS to an MP5, threaded, lugged, restamped, refinished, are they the same price or is there a difference?

Thanks!
You didn't mention paddle mag install, but if so, think about $800 premium, more if it's just as a buyer was looking for. No paddle, then drop that to $500. That's just me.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
You didn't mention paddle mag install, but if so, think about $800 premium, more if it's just as a buyer was looking for. No paddle, then drop that to $500. That's just me.
Yep, and if you throw in re-stamping, figure on an even grand as a rule of thumb.

About a year ago, the standard for an ultra clean one was $4000 for an HK94 and $5000 for a fully decked out MP5 SBR conversion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your comments. Just got back from camping near Big Lake in the White Mountains here in Arizona and of course took the MP5 and Trident 9 along for the friends to try out. Yes I did forget to mention Ralph installed the paddle mag as well as FA weld on the bolt carrier. Based on the feedback I'm getting I would lose money if I sold it. I paid Ralph $1,350 for the entire conversion and Hk finishing. I put it up for sale recently and had received some of the most low-balling offers I have ever seen. Basically people were offering less than what I had paid for it before the conversion, and they still wanted all the accessories German stocks, lots of factory mags etc....I decided I'm going to keep it for a while longer. The friends really enjoyed it an it was great for teaching first time youth shooters using the suppressor. Less intimidating with noise reduction and kept the other campers from being disturbed.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Thank you all for your comments. Just got back from camping near Big Lake in the White Mountains here in Arizona and of course took the MP5 and Trident 9 along for the friends to try out. Yes I did forget to mention Ralph installed the paddle mag as well as FA weld on the bolt carrier. Based on the feedback I'm getting I would lose money if I sold it. I paid Ralph $1,350 for the entire conversion and Hk finishing. I put it up for sale recently and had received some of the most low-balling offers I have ever seen. Basically people were offering less than what I had paid for it before the conversion, and they still wanted all the accessories German stocks, lots of factory mags etc....I decided I'm going to keep it for a while longer. The friends really enjoyed it an it was great for teaching first time youth shooters using the suppressor. Less intimidating with noise reduction and kept the other campers from being disturbed.
Sounds like a great time. And it sounds like you are doing the right thing there with teaching others. Good deal. Keep up the good work. You've got a nice gun. Prices seem to be slowly climbing again so I'd hang on to it for a while longer if you don't badly need the money for something else.

Of course, as I write this, the Dow is on the decline so the bottom might fall out from under the gun market, or it could sky-rocket. What the hell do I know.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Of course, as I write this, the Dow is on the decline...
Yepper... get ready to BUY!!! Apple stock is down over a hundred from it's high last month. Mountain Lion OS is due this summer, rumor has it a 4th edition of the iPad is in the wings, and Apple is really going to rock the TV world ... perhaps this fall...

Just sayin... if you catch mah drift...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts