HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I'm in the market for a new handgun in 9mm. I've pretty much decided it's gonna be an HK. Although there are plenty of other great alternatives - some even better - I try to keep my handguns as similar as possible to avoid any control confusion in a real emergency (mag release, slide release, etc.). And anyway, after getting used to using my trigger finger to release mags on my USP .45, there's no going back. So...

p2000 or USP or USPc are the choices - I really dont want a p30 for no better reason than I think it's fugly. I still cant get over the spidey-grips.

So which do you guys like and why?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I like the P2000 as it is very ergonomic. I think it is a better fit for me than the USPc.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I would say the P30 as it is incredibly comfortable and very accurate but because its not on the list I would go with the USP 9mm. It is the closest thing to your .45 which will keep everything similar as described in your post.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If I were you, I'd add the Walther P99 AS to your list. It's better than any HK 9mm in my opinion and has the mag release in the same location for you. The trigger is second to only a 1911 in semi-auto's, the ergonomics are very nice, reliability is excelent just like HK's, has lower bore axis, higher cap mags and still same size as a P2000, longer sight radius and barrel length as P2000 but still the same size. It's just a well engineered pistol.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
The USP 9 is probably as close to your 45 as your going to get. However, in terms of comfort I would recommend the P2K if you can't get over the grips of the P30. The P2K was my favorite until I wrapped my big hands around the P30. It was true love

·
Registered
886 Posts
I like my USPf 9mm a lot. Good gun, good trigger and never fails to go bang. The only change I made to mine is a Hogue Handall which adds to the comfort factor. Of course there's the P7M8, but that's a different system and not on your short list. It's still an exceptional pistol. As for Walther I prefer my P5s over the P99, but they're not HKs now are they.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't judge a book by its cover. Grips are meant to be felt, not seen. Hold the P30 and you'll know which feels right, trust me. It's the most amazing feeling pistol my hand has ever felt, and I've felt alot...

·
Registered
648 Posts
+1 on the P30

I know alot of people are turned off by the looks, but are you really buying the pistol for its looks? My suggestion to anyone shying away from the P30 for the main reason of the "spidey" grips would be to shoot one first, then make your decision.

To each his own, and all that, but when in the market for a firearm, looks is always the last thing on my list of priorities.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
+1 on the P30

I know alot of people are turned off by the looks, but are you really buying the pistol for its looks? My suggestion to anyone shying away from the P30 for the main reason of the "spidey" grips would be to shoot one first, then make your decision.

To each his own, and all that, but when in the market for a firearm, looks is always the last thing on my list of priorities.
+1 but I don't see the problem I think it looks fine. Shoots like a dream, soft recoil, as accurate as anything I have ever shot. It is possibly the best firearm I have ever handled. I have sold about five of them to people at the range. Everyone wants to order one after shooting mine. HK needs to put me on the payroll.

·
Registered
94 Posts
idk where you are in NJ but if you wanna try my usp compact 9mm we can arrange something

·
Registered
173 Posts
if i had to choose i would pick the uspf it is the same in feel and control as your 45. imo if you plan to carry and are not a real big guy you probably want the usp compact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts