HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help. Will and HK Action 3 Roller Plate Holder work in any MP5/HK94 bolt head? This is the little wire spring that takes the place of the older standard roller plate holder. Aren't these supposed to be more sturdy and last longer with less chance of breakage? How are they held in? Thanks in advance for any help! I knew that this would be the place to find out!
________
LEXUS IS F SPECIFICATIONS

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
While the Action 3 springs appear to fit and hold the rollers in the older bolt, I have seen two cases where the spring would get lodged next to the roller and wear out faster (in one case less than 2K rounds).

The later (at least later to me ;-) Action 3 bolt heads had/have a narrower slot that holds the spring a little "better".

Thus while a lot of guys have had good luck with the Action 3 spring in the older wide slot (plate width) bolts, I would pass for any MP5 actually used for a day job (i.e LE) and would check my spring for wear before any big Subgun match ... (for everyday blasting and shooting, that is what the extra bolt and carrier assemply is for in the range bag ;-).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks JT! I was ordering some extra parts, so I'll just order an extra plate roller holder or two.
________
Vaporizer Reviews

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Thanks JT! I was ordering some extra parts, so I'll just order an extra plate roller holder or two.
One option is to have both, if the springs work fine, then use them - I would still keep a couple plates and three or four roll pins on hand.

The BEST option is of course another complete bolt carrier setup (which is how I carry my parts ;-).

·
Registered
72 Posts
action 3 wire roller holder

The spring (wire roller holder) on my Action 3 extractor broke. Is it difficult to replace? Is there anywhere on line that I could find a diagram of how to replace it? Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts