HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with the HK Ambi USP levers chime in. Are they good, bad, or both?

One thing I can see happening is the non thumb finger side of hand getting hit by the lever when the pistol is being decocked.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Anyone with experience with the HK Ambi USP levers chime in. Are they good, bad, or both?

One thing I can see happening is the non thumb finger side of hand getting hit by the lever when the pistol is being decocked.
Say goodbye to most kydex holsters and hand boned leather. They dont fit the ambi levers, and no one I know has a mold for the left hand models (v2) let alone the ambi's.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Kydex holsters can easily be remolded to fit an ambi safety if it does go up that high. Not that big of a deal.

The ambi safety DOES bump your hand when decocking. This is a good thing. It prevents accidental decocking if you ride the safety to maintain a high grip. Plus it's not like you are going to spend a lot of time decocking the gun repeatedly. It's only a minor inconvience vs. having the gun not fire or decock if you ride the safety.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I installed an ambidextrous compact control lever on my full size USP. It felt odd at first, but you quickly get used to that "problem" of decocking.

I haven't had a problem with any holsters yet. But as Scooter said, I can't imagine it would be difficult to mod a holster to fit.

I would recommend the use of the compact control lever if you don't want to jack up the width dimensions too much. They're harder to use at first, but again, something else you get used to quickly.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You can mold kydex, I did it with my comp-tac holster, but I never did get it to fit just right, maybe it was me.

The other thing to worry about is if the other side of the holster does not cover the other safety, it may more easily get accidentally bumped and move to fire position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ahhhh... there is nothing like being a lefty in a right-handed world...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using a USP45f with an ambi safety for about eight years. The safety does rub against my index finger during decocking. I've been using it so long that I no longer notice it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts