HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 40+ year handgun owner that has been predominately a Smith revolver and 1911 guy. I also did 20+ years LEO with Beretta 92 for 17 years. The 92 is a great gun, but I never really liked the controls on the back of the slide. I shifted to DA/SA Sigs in my retirement. Honestly, the DA/SA HKs didn't really do it for me and I wasn't ready for polymer. Then I found the P30sk with LEM when I was shopping for a compact (but not too compact) carry. The LEM is terrific. I now have a USPC 45 and a USP 45 both in LEM. HKs now do it for me.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I'm a 40+ year handgun owner that has been predominately a Smith revolver and 1911 guy. I also did 20+ years LEO with Beretta 92 for 17 years. The 92 is a great gun, but I never really liked the controls on the back of the slide. I shifted to DA/SA Sigs in my retirement. Honestly, the DA/SA HKs didn't really do it for me and I wasn't ready for polymer. Then I found the P30sk with LEM when I was shopping for a compact (but not too compact) carry. The LEM is terrific. I now have a USPC 45 and a USP 45 both in LEM. HKs now do it for me.
Good to hear from you ! The LEM is a great system .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m a longtime HK owner but I’ve never so much as even dry-fired an LEM, much less owned one. I‘m always tempted to make the LEM plunge but I worry that I’m too used to (and like) the DA/SA on my various USPs.
I get it. That's why I left DA/SA to my Sigs and went with LEM on the three HKs I bought. The closest thing that I can compare LEM to is like shooting a revolver with a tuned action...light and smooth DA all the way to the wall, then a crisp break. But, now you have a choice. Either fire subsequent rounds off of the relatively short reset with another light squeeze, or allow the trigger to fully rebound to start again with the long, light DA. No decockers..No safeties..Nice..

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’m a longtime HK owner but I’ve never so much as even dry-fired an LEM, much less owned one. I‘m always tempted to make the LEM plunge but I worry that I’m too used to (and like) the DA/SA on my various USPs.
I recently dry fired an HK45 Tactical LEM at the store and became an instant fan. It has a future place in my arsenal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recently dry fired an HK45 Tactical LEM at the store and became an instant fan. It has a future place in my arsenal.
I wasn't able to handle one prior to buying. It sounded interesting, so I watched a bunch of youtube demonstrations. It looked like a winner. I found a clean used P30SK LEM with night sights, four mags and a Vedder holster for $520 all in...Done. Honestly, the cheapest gun I ever bought and I like it very much.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm a LEM fanboy.
I never had any exposure to H&K of any configuration prior to 2004.
1ST H&K was a USPc LEM 40 S&W. Did my best to wear out that pistol. After 14 years, decided I needed a trust fund to obtain enough ammo to accomplish such a feat.

The one V1 USP I ever owned was converted to the LEM after a reasonable try out, then never looked back.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Just got a P30 and seriously thinking about putting an LEM setup in it, more to follow.
DA/SA P series guns are not HK approved for LEM conversion.
You can do it and void the warranty if you want.
My recommendation is to sell the P30 and buy a factory LEM gun.

Note: DA/SA USP/C & HK45/C guns are fully approved for LEM conversions.
And OEM LEM Conversion kits are available :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
DA/SA P series guns are not HK approved for LEM conversion.
You can do it and void the warranty if you want.
My recommendation is to sell the P30 and buy a factory LEM gun.

Note: DA/SA USP/C & HK45/C guns are fully approved for LEM conversions.
And OEM LEM Conversion kits are available :)
Where are the kits available for the 45c ?
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts