HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that HK has stopped make a pistol in .357 SIG. But yet I still see post stating the a certain pistol is available in .357 SIG, which is it?

Has HK stopped make anything in .357 SIG?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yea I saw the same yesterday. Disagree w Hk's decision to discontinue. But I'm thinking its yet another infamous Hk mis-print.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
There is probably stock in distribution, but the factory isn't making more.
This is the exact reason.

If you don't believe it just look at the date codes of what's being sold

I recently bought a NIB P2000 .357 sig with a AG date code!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
HK has stopped production on EVERY .357SIG chambered weapon, AND every .357SIG specific accessory(barrels, .357 stamped mags, etc...).
The only .357SIG stuff still currently being sold is old stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only .357SIG stuff still currently being sold is old stock.
I'm still looking for that "Old Stock"! It took me 3 months (a year ago) to get a 357 Sig factory barrel for my P2000 SK 40 S & W? And in 2010, I wanted to order a 357 Sig P2000 SK from HK's distributor in Southern Nevada and was told that they weren't in production. I finally pick up a used one in 95% condition for $600.00 on Gunbrokers.com in November 2011.

Anyone know where HK keeps their "Old Stock"?

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
While it is nicer to have a gun show the caliber on the slide, I can help with replacement barrels from IGB: ?
Cost is $235.85
I will make some new pictures of this drop in barrel in my P30 and post them.
Shoots like a charm, very precise and this P30 in .357 SIG is my daily carry gun.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I know a couple of guys who like .357SIG. At least they say they do. US Secret Service. And they get all the ammo they can shoot at our expense. Few others of us do as we realize .357SIG is just a fast 9mm and we can carry as many .40S&W in the same size pistol.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys, just picked a USP Compact 357 Sig with a KK date code, will a 9mm or 40sw barrel interchange, I'm looking for more trigger time that's cheaper. Considering this gun for carry instead of my Kimber Tactical Ultra ll

·
Registered
765 Posts
.357 is losing market share and it's following. The overall market is narrowing down to the "big 3" of 9mm, 40sw, 45acp. Especially for HKs major market - LE agencies. Most agencies using .357 SIG round, are doing so through SIG guns.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a USP-C in .357 SIG,. Man I absolutely love that gun & caliber combo. I just wish I could get a threaded barrel P30LS in the same caliber. Most of the LE folks I know that use the round do so out of a SIG of some type (as mentioned previously) or a Glock 31,.. I prefer the HK offerings even though they are not the newest production.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will make some new pictures of this drop in barrel in my P30 and post them.
Shoots like a charm, very precise and this P30 in .357 SIG is my daily carry gun.
So were are the pic already? Steel or Stainless Steel?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I snagged a .357sig barrel from another site's classifieds for my USPc .40...BB coded HK factory part....with 2 ten round mags and 3 extended floorplates for $200...I am kinda sorry they killed off the caliber but then again means it was an even better value!

Its a fun round for some range play and after seeing what a 125gr HP did to the opposum that wandered into the wrong shed a few weeks back seems to be a pretty solid performer...but to each his own...

·
Registered
628 Posts
As you can see I'm new on this forum with only 32 post. So I was going over some of the older post that interests me. What's wrong with that? Looks like I may get the post started back up again. You responded.
Oh you know these forum kids (no offense USPc_4_life), search this search that, but don't you dare post in a thread over a month old. Unless you're just boosting your post count so you can post in the market place, then there's a problem.

On topic of .357 SIG, when's HK gonna make something in that new .45 GAP we've been hearing so much about?

yes that was a joke.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts