HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone might have heard if HK will be changing their current LEO and Military only stipulation to their armorers course in the future.
I realize they had been open to the general public, like Glock, in the past and have heard rumblings that they may change back to include civilians.
This is their current directive:

Armorer's Course Description - Heckler & Koch

Anyone here anything?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glock would be a good example. Their armor's course is only open to dealer employees and LEO to my knowledge.
Actually Glock's process is this:
(To be eligible to take the Armorers Course you must be an active/retired law enforcement or military officer, private security, GLOCK Stocking Dealer/Range Program Employee or current GSSF member.)
but anyone can take a Glock armorer's course. I've had the opportunity multiple times in the past, but I'm a HK guy.

I was told by someone at HK they are reconsidering opening it to the general public, but there is no plans currently. I was fishing for more info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would like to take the course even though my agency doesn't use HK. Just want to know the in era of the guns I have.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I wish they would open them up as well. I'd enjoy a 416,MP5,USP,Pseries,45 pistol classes.

·
Needs Therapy
689 Posts
I asked Wayne about this when we were chatting at HK. He indicated he'd like to have some sort of civilian course, and said he is working on it. I imagine there are some corporate obstacles he might have to go through. Maybe not doing it onsite or something. I was encouraged by his enthusiasm.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,647 Posts
Actually I think Teufelshund Tactical (James) does a pretty bad ass job with his Armorers review of the MP5 and UMP platform.
I learned how to disable a 3 pos Ambi pack and reassemble it about 5 minutes flat just by watching him do it a couple of times.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,471 Posts
Actually I think Teufelshund Tactical (James) does a pretty bad ass job with his Armorers review of the MP5 and UMP platform.
I learned how to disable a 3 pos Ambi pack and reassemble it about 5 minutes flat just by watching him do it a couple of times.
Thanks, Miguel. I've offered several times here to provide dedicated Armorer classes, outside of the limited training I provide in my Operator Courses.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've offered several times here to provide dedicated Armorer classes, outside of the limited training I provide in my Operator Courses.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this sort of class would be awesome… anybody else out there interested in going to this so maybe we can get one in motion soon?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts