HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend an armorer's kit ( or something similar to it) that would make an LEM installation easier. The last time I tried to install the LEM, I needed a friend to help as it seemed like I needed "three hands". I know some of you are very mechanically oriented, unfortunately I am not.

Are there any tools that you could recommend to make the installation easier? I heard that HK does have some tools to make the process easier, but I havent seen them for sale anywhere.

Thanks

MannytheGreek

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
1/16 pin punch
3/32 pin punch
small needle nose
beer

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Really? I would think working on a HK would merit a single malt.
You're right. I stand corrected. I was just listing the minimum requirements.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A good vise, transfter or brass punchs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Really? I would think working on a HK would merit a single malt.
Actually, it's a German gun, so it should be a German beer. A nice Weizen (I prefer hefe) should do.

I would also recommend a small crochet hook for the hammer rebound spring, and a small flat tip screwdriver, ground down to a "T" point if you'll be swapping the TRS.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Actually, it's a German gun, so it should be a German beer. A nice Weizen (I prefer hefe) should do.
Or perhaps Schnapps? Nah, let's not go there. If it must be a German beer while I work on my P30, for me it would be a dopplebock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe a dental pick...and can even help get grid of the brat/kraut pieces stuck between your teeth. You weren't suggesting German beer without brats-n-kraut?!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you,

Can you suggest (recommend) a small needle nose pair of pliers? I had a pair at home that were too large for my project. Can you suggest a pair I could buy online that would be the most helpful?

Thanks

MannytheGreek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts