HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A buddy who just bought his 1st HK, a USP 40c, sent me this today. Asked why everyone dogs HK online. I told him because they are jealous.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
The guy who wrote that original piece knows how to take unfair shots but knows nothing about the MK23 and how and why it was developed, nor how extensively it was tested. While it is true the gun is larger and heavier than it needs to be and its ergonomics not as good as they could be he fails to contribute its configuration to those who drove it in that way - the SOCOM developers, the end users to include a highly decorated Navy Cross winner and the final SOCOM Joint Spec around which the gun was developed. HK had to design and build the OHWS in strict accordance with detailed specifications devised by a joint panel of SOF operators from all services. Those specs drove its size, weight and in large part the ergonomics. In fact and as a result HK was basically cornered into what the eventual gun ended up as. User and developers were involved in every design stage of the OHWS/MK23 and countless meetings where they drove the show. They accepted it as it was built.

What this HK Fan Boy Hater does not know is that HK prooffered to USSOCOM a shorter (@ 1") and lighter MK23 that still met all the requirements and more importantly the intent of the OHWS. It was about the size of the USP45T and had the modular USP controls versus the multiple seperate controls of the MK23 that were mandated in the design. The SOCOM CG at the time would not accept a 3 month additional delay in the program and killed that change - BIG mistake by another general.

It is always funny to read such BS from folks taking shots at others when they look like the fools they are talking out their butts about things they don't know **** about.

Ironically this guy probably now loves the HK45T which was actually the end state in a round about way to what the OHWS/MK23 started.

He probably shoots/loves his 1911's and the MK23 would eat any M1911 alive in reliability, durability and accuracy with or with a can and especially with +P and Super ammo.

He also does not know how many MK23's were issued and carried in OIF and OIF by all types of SOF guys who wanted something better than the M9 and M11.

A large "L" on his forehead.

HK has done ANY things over the years to turn folks away. How they approached the OHWS RFP was not one of them. The US Govt got what they asked for. Be careful what you ask for and how you ask for it is the lesson here.

G3Kurz

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
After watching just over 90 seconds of video featuring "Caleb", I'm wondering why I should take anything he says seriously...even if he had his facts straight, which he doesn't.

But all is not lost, apparently he is infused with "HK awesomeness." Straight from the website:

Caleb Giddings
President, Boss Man Extraordinaire
Caleb first started shooting under his dad’s supervision at the age of 8. In fact, the first handgun he ever fired (that he remembers) was an HK P7, which explains in part why he’s so awesome. The operator molecules from the HK fused with Caleb, developing him into the pistol-shooting ninja that he is today. Caleb can be reached at [email protected] or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/caleb.giddings.

What an ass

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
After watching just over 90 seconds of video featuring "Caleb", I'm wondering why I should take anything he says seriously...even if he had his facts straight, which he doesn't.

But all is not lost, apparently he is infused with "HK awesomeness." Straight from the website:

Caleb Giddings
President, Boss Man Extraordinaire
Caleb first started shooting under his dad’s supervision at the age of 8. In fact, the first handgun he ever fired (that he remembers) was an HK P7, which explains in part why he’s so awesome. The operator molecules from the HK fused with Caleb, developing him into the pistol-shooting ninja that he is today. Caleb can be reached at [email protected] or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/caleb.giddings.

What an ass
..hole

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't think Caleb is all that bad. I admit he sounds like an asshat in the description he wrote above, but he was clearly just trying to have fun and not take himself too seriously. But overall, I think his blog is generally good stuff, even if he is young and somewhat narrow minded and focused primarily on competition shooting. I enjoy their Power Factor Show (sometimes, depending on the topic) videos. You have to take all gun blog opines with a grain of salt, since everyone's experiences and opinions are different.

Although the MK23 is obviously bad ass, it seems a bit hypocritical to judge the entirety of a man based on one post that you disagree with. IMHO.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
I don't think Caleb is all that bad. I admit he sounds like an asshat in the description he wrote above, but he was clearly just trying to have fun and not take himself too seriously. But overall, I think his blog is generally good stuff, even if he is young and somewhat narrow minded and focused primarily on competition shooting. I enjoy their Power Factor Show (sometimes, depending on the topic) videos. You have to take all gun blog opines with a grain of salt, since everyone's experiences and opinions are different.

Although the MK23 is obviously bad ass, it seems a bit hypocritical to judge the entirety of a man based on one post that you disagree with. IMHO.
He should stick to writing about subjects that he has some experience on. The www is full of guys like him that have internet access and a blog, no experience and still become experts in all matters as a result.

·
Registered
88 Posts
He should stick to writing about subjects that he has some experience on. The www is full of guys like him that have internet access and a blog, no experience and still become experts in all matters as a result.
Agreed. He was/is misinformed on the MK23, and it really had no relation to the Colt Walker he was enamored with, but still... calling him out as an ******* from a post 4+ years ago seems harsh.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Agreed. He was/is misinformed on the MK23, and it really had no relation to the Colt Walker he was enamored with, but still... calling him out as an ******* from a post 4+ years ago seems harsh.
His current work is no different. I've been a [email protected] for pretty much my whole life...personality traits like that don't disappear in a few, short years. JVM, it's not on you to defend his "honor" or to validate your reading choices. Opinions are what they are. In regards to gun writers in general, I leave you with the words of Jeff Cooper:

"Being of the old school - the very old school - I wish to warn youthful readers against putting their faith in "gun writers." These people have a right to their opinions, but these opinions should not be taken as incontrovertible. As a youth I was led astray on a number of subjects and had to learn from my errors by personal field experience. The fact that a man "has been there and done that" does not necessarily mean that he knows what he is talking about. Read as much as you wish, but read critically, and then submit your conclusions to the test. This is not always possible, so read carefully, read critically, and then reserve judgement."

·
Registered
111 Posts
Delusional, wannabe, still living in mom's basement and sucking at her tit. All this comes to mind when you read his ramblings. Yes, Caleb, I imagine you would be considered "unlucky" to run into some of us "HK fanboys" on this forum that a been outside the wire with an HK pistol or long gun in hand.
Again, this little freak so lacks credibility that I am as skeptical of his reality as I was when I read the exploits of that famous mall ninja on this forum a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You guys are really getting this upset at something written 4 years ago?

Damn!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Delusional, wannabe, still living in mom's basement and sucking at her tit. All this comes to mind when you read his ramblings.
I guess I just still don't get the hatred or "malevolence" directed at him. Little freak? Really? I'm not here to defend his "honor" or stick up for his lack of expertise, writing ability, or tit sucklings abilities, but why not just get on with your own life and let him have fun writing about his experiences in competition? Not like he's hurting anything or himself or doing stupid sh*t like Vigilante Spectre. He's putting a lot more rounds downrange than me (and probably a lot of us)! I don't know why I'm getting worked up here, I just wish people would focus on their own life instead of snap judging everything and everyone.

The lack of decorum and respect is really sad. At least pointblank4445 admits to being a [email protected] :)

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I just wish people would focus on their own life instead of snap judging everything and everyone.

The lack of decorum and respect is really sad. At least pointblank4445 admits to being a [email protected] :)
So...you're judging us for judging Caleb's judgements. I think the hippies would find that to be "trippy" or "cosmic."

I'm not seeing your point about respect. Does he automatically deserve my respect because he writes , supposedly shoots a lot or competes? I'm sorry, but my respect and admiration is reserved specifically those who earn it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is kind of trippy isn't it? The difference being that I'm not judging you as a person. You're probably a cool guy, outside of this thread.

Respect isn't really anything that is earned, at least not at the core level. A person should automatically respect another person, yes. Do I agree with the choices people make about their personal relationships, career paths, or guns? No. That doesn't mean I get a free pass to treat them like an insignificant being. Trust and trusting their opinion is different; that is something I believe can/should be earned.

So basically what you're saying is that because you don't agree with someone's opinions (e.g., what they write on their blog), you don't respect that person? And you don't respect anyone unless they prove to you they are worthy of your highness's approval?

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
This thread will soon be Epic, I assure. ******* gloves off in 3-2-1..... Hell, Ben Stoeger led me to this thread from Facebook.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, you guys are HK fan boys if you're seriously trying to defend a 4 year old joke. I know HK's are expensive but they shouldn't cost you your sense of humor. That is if you every had one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts