HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may be a stupid question and it probably doesn't exist. But it's worth a shot because I love HK.

I just bought a BlackBerry Curve on Sunday and since Monday morning I've had a picture of an MP5 as my backdrop. Who needs that sky blue backdrop anyway?

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or herd of a HK theme for cell phones or Blackberry PDAs. My last phone; a Motorola Razor had a USP Tactical as my backdrop. The MP5 fits the Blackberry well.

I've always had to find a picture small enough to fit the screen or sometimes I would ask someone to resize a picture. But yesterday when I was shopping for a theme none were satisfactory. No FMH, skulls or popular crappy TV show theme for me, no no no, it should be HK for me!

So guys any help?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Why not make your own? It shouldn't be too difficult to create the background and the icons might take some work. there are some talented artists on this board...organize something?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why not make your own? It shouldn't be too difficult to create the background and the icons might take some work. there are some talented artists on this board...organize something?
+1. I started work on a Hk theme for my BlackBerry 7100i. Not too difficult, but very time consuming. I have since dropped my Nextel service and no longer have a BlackBerry. But anyway, check out this site:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/1743-plazmic_theme_creation_walkthrough.html This thread walks you through theme creation. You should be able to find everything you could possibly want for a BlackBerry on that forum. There is also a guy on pinstack who goes by the handle srl7741, he creates themes. Hit him up and request what you want (may be a small fee). He also has a website. http://mobile41.com/ Hope this helps.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh sweet! I got to check that out.

Maybe tomorrow morning since I'm about to go out the door and go home!

Thanks for the info. Anything I find will be posted in this thread.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I was signing off, I started thinking.

Let's say I do make my own theme or contact someone to do so.

What HK goes as the Back drop?

My vote goes to something roller locked! G3 or MP5.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you guys do it i wouldnt mind having one for my 8700 :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
As I was signing off, I started thinking.

Let's say I do make my own theme or contact someone to do so.

What HK goes as the Back drop?

My vote goes to something roller locked! G3 or MP5.
The BB uses .png files for images, all of which need to be resized because of size constraints for the overall theme. You'll need photoshop or similar program to modify the images. So it's pretty much whatever you desire. As far as my backdrop, I used the polygonal rifling logo and was working on using small images of various Hk pistols and rifles as the icons. Like I said very time consuming. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
The BB uses .png files for images, all of which need to be resized because of size constraints for the overall theme. You'll need photoshop or similar program to modify the images. So it's pretty much whatever you desire. As far as my backdrop, I used the polygonal rifling logo and was working on using small images of various Hk pistols and rifles as the icons. Like I said very time consuming. ;)

I have an Adiddas theme set up like that. the back ground is the logo, and all the icons are different shoes. Would have to use big icons to keep them identifiable.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I used to make icons and mouse cursors for my computer, i still use most of them (I have rifles, pistols that cycle/reload respectively for working/busy) but i dont make them anymore, because the program i used (MicroAngelo hehe, yeah) was lost on one of my system rebuilds.

I would have several HK themes by now, if i still had it. I might bite the bullet and buy it again, but i dont know if its really worth the 50 bucks.

FWIW, you CAN use .bmp's made in Paint or Photoshop (32x32 pixels, or 64x64 pixels), and rename them ".ico" and they work just fine as Icons, but they aren't "true" icons and may cause some trouble. There are some applications out there to convert .bmp's or .jpg's into .ICO, so they would work.

If anyone has one of these applications, i'd be happy to make some 64x64 or 32x32 HK pixel art for these, and desktops ;)

(yeah i made my avatar similar way in photoshop)

I'd just post up the images for all to DL.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if someone will organize, I can contribute some of my time and photoshop skills as well.
Well I'm really excited about this. So I think I may take you up on your offer.

After my visit to HKpro this morning, I'll be checking out those links and I'll be spending some time on it this weekend for sure.

Thanks guys!

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I couldn't do anything about it this weekend. My best friend was in a car accident Friday afternoon, she's ok. But it put a major dent in my free time.

I talked to my cousin who does graphic design for a living and she said she could help me out as well. All in all, I want to this done!

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
please keep us updated.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Easy Fix

I sell Blackberrys for a living. They paid for my HK and everything that goes down range. To make a wallpaper find a image off the web, Push your menu button and select the "select mode", once you have done this you should be able to high light images you find off the web. Save them to a memory card or to the phone if you dont have one. Visit your "my picture" area in the multi media icon and set it as your background. Boom done! My preferred way to do this is find a pic off your laptop and E-mail it to your Blackberry as a attachment and when viewing the attachment save to your Curve and repeat from above. It's not to tough once you've done it once. Have fun!

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks shocktroop!

I've already done that. I currently have a 416 10.5 inch rifle as my back drop pic. I switch it between an MP5A5 and G36C.

But what I am looking for is to change icons, color and so on.

Thanks dude!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I sell Blackberrys for a living. They paid for my HK and everything that goes down range. To make a wallpaper find a image off the web, Push your menu button and select the "select mode", once you have done this you should be able to high light images you find off the web. Save them to a memory card or to the phone if you dont have one. Visit your "my picture" area in the multi media icon and set it as your background. Boom done! My preferred way to do this is find a pic off your laptop and E-mail it to your Blackberry as a attachment and when viewing the attachment save to your Curve and repeat from above. It's not to tough once you've done it once. Have fun!
Im currently using this image as my background. Im using the BB Dimension Zen theme which just has small icons on the right side vertically which makes a clear view of the image.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts