HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts
To bad AR500 stuff is crap!!!
Why's that, I hear that sometimes, but not as many times as I've heard it's solid gear. (Not singling you out, I know tone isn't readable)

Also, I heard they're working on making a ballistic version of this armor down the road. I'd definitely be interested in owning a set for cool factor, if it could actually stop rounds.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I ended up buying two plates and they are heavy and not practical at all I would have gladly pay more cash to have better plates it just pisses me off they are selling this crap and will not take returns sad part is you wait weeks on end for this crap on top that.
I wish came across this soon so bad they have a web site for it..
https://ar500armor.pissedconsumer.com/

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I ended up buying two plates and they are heavy and not practical at all I would have gladly pay more cash to have better plates it just pisses me off they are selling this crap and will not take returns sad part is you wait weeks on end for this crap on top that.
So you are upset that "STEEL" plates are heavy? Something that is widely known and comes up in pretty much every discussion of body armor. Or was there something else about them besides the weight that you didn't mention?

·
Registered
973 Posts
So you are upset that "STEEL" plates are heavy? Something that is widely known and comes up in pretty much every discussion of body armor. Or was there something else about them besides the weight that you didn't mention?

LOL. "These plates are heavy", yah, no ****.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I get it guys but when shopping online sometimes even with pictures it still hard to say if you will like them or not I just see them as not practical at all if I could go back I would have just waited and spent a little more money on something else....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I get it guys but when shopping online sometimes even with pictures it still hard to say if you will like them or not I just see them as not practical at all if I could go back I would have just waited and spent a little more money on something else....
The next step up in plates is going to be more then "a little more money". Steel plates (while heavy) give the most bang for the buck for civilian use as they don't need to be replaced after a single hit and aren't going to crack if dropped.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I own a set and am happy with the purchase. AR500 is pretty legit... look at the YouTube tests of them. And yes, steel plates are heavy, but I knew that going into the purchase ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts