HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found out recently that HK has been bought by a Saudi company? If so, what's that going to do to the market?? The stuff is already hard to get. Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing??? But then on the other side of that, British Aerospace, being a British company... this could explain why they do MAINLY for the military and police... What are your thoughts on this one???

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Has anyone found out recently that HK has been bought by a Saudi company? If so, what's that going to do to the market?? The stuff is already hard to get. Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing??? But then on the other side of that, British Aerospace, being a British company... this could explain why they do MAINLY for the military and police... What are your thoughts on this one???
HK hasn't been owned by BAE Systems since the end of 2002. HK was bought from BAE Systems by a group of investors and employees, then two of the investors (one German, and one British) bought all of the other investors out in 2003.

HKO has sold the sporting arms division (HKjs) of HK to a UAE owned company. How this effects HKI no one really knows yet.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Should be fine. UAE businesses are still some of the best run companies in the world, part of the reason why Dubai has quickly become one of the biggest trade ports in the world. At the given rate of growth, it'll eclipse Hong-Kong and Singapore in 2 years.

That whole thing about the Dubai Ports Authority fiasco controlling New York's Port Authority Controlled Port Newark (in NJ actually), was idiotic politics. Dubai Port Authority is the industry benchmark as one of the most efficient port authorities and pioneers in the shipping port logistics industry. They manage a lot of the busiest ports in the world, including Britian's.

We shouldn't fear just becuase the company's based location happens to be in the Middle East... after all the US does business with Israel and Saudia Arabia without a problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE:

Guess I'm a bit behind on the times... Thanks for clearing that up for me guys...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Should be fine. UAE businesses are still some of the best run companies in the world, part of the reason why Dubai has quickly become one of the biggest trade ports in the world. At the given rate of growth, it'll eclipse Hong-Kong and Singapore in 2 years.

That whole thing about the Dubai Ports Authority fiasco controlling New York's Port Authority Controlled Port Newark (in NJ actually), was idiotic politics. Dubai Port Authority is the industry benchmark as one of the most efficient port authorities and pioneers in the shipping port logistics industry. They manage a lot of the busiest ports in the world, including Britian's.

We shouldn't fear just becuase the company's based location happens to be in the Middle East... after all the US does business with Israel and Saudia Arabia without a problem.
+1 to the UAE.

Dubai is a beautiful place, too. :p

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
indeed, if I had to live in the middle east, I'd choose to live there. The water is sooo nice. My co-worker went there for his honeymoon and never regretted it. The only downside is that cost of a living is so high since everyone is rich there (not from oil, as Dubai only has 10% of their tiny province that can produce oil), but from all the trade and business that goes on there. They're also the most western-friendly country there. Heck they tolerate Michael Jackson living there... :p LOL

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
HKO has sold the sporting arms division (HKjs) of HK to a UAE owned company. How this effects HKI no one really knows yet.
What was really sold is HKjs with "Merkel" brand and factory that makes hunting weapons. UAE is one of biggest markets for hunting weapons and Merkel is one of favorite brands there. As to "our" stuff, production of pistols and "sporting" weapons as SL-8 or USC remains in main HK factory.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
oh yeah - that's true. People over there love guns for sport. There's a famous tyrannosaur big bore video (check the lounge as I posted the video there). They really love their guns :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I thought Todd was buying HK. Ooops, I'm not suppose to mention that name.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Thanks Scooter, I needed a laugh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts