HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since nearly every source is out of HK branded soft cases, I went over to eBay to purchase one second hand. The seller seemed legit, high feedback, shipped from Texas... but then I got my case, opened it, and this "Made in China" tag is hanging off one of the inside seams.

I barely pulled on it and it fell out. Comparing this one to the two tan soft cases I bought years ago from HK USA, it seems to be the same construction, though some of the materials lining the pouches are slightly different.

It seems solid looking it over; stitching is sturdy, YKK zippers, etc. I'd just be disappointed if HK actually had cases made in China. I thought they only contracted with Eagle, Tactical Tailor, etc.

So what gives? Did I buy a knock off?
I paid 70 bucks for it so I'm pretty bummed at the moment.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some more pictures of the interior & logo. The pouches are lined with this vinyl material that looks like something you'd see on a soft-side cooler.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is more than likely one of these.

The last Eagle Industries bags I bought.

Were made in the Dominican Republic.
Yeah, made by "Regal Industrual Sales"... headquartered in the Philippines.

Thanks for the info, that's just disappointing. You'd think they (HK USA) would want to offer more than sweatshop junk to go with their products.

They should hit up someone like First Spear or Tactical Tailor again. I don't mind paying a little more for something that's Berry Compliant, but even at $35, a bag made in China is not something I want to be slinging firearms around in.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Why is anyone shocked by this? Who gives a flying a f*** about the origin of their aftermarket, branded soft goods...HK makes WEAPONS.

Do people honestly think this stuff is or should be coming out of Oberndorf? F*** that...make more GUNS!!!!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why is anyone shocked by this? Who gives a flying a f*** about the origin of their aftermarket, branded soft goods...HK makes WEAPONS.

Do people honestly think this stuff is or should be coming out of Oberndorf? F*** that...make more GUNS!!!!
No, I do not expect their soft goods to be coming from Oberndorf, but I do expect something that they slap their logo on to be quality.
If it were contracted out to First Spear, Crye, Tactical Tailor, Blue Force Gear, etc., that would be undisputed. Using some sweatshop in communist China, it's questionable on its face.

I know much of the standard of living in America and the rest of the west is built on race-to-the-bottom cheap stuff, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing or that we should be satisfied with it.

There is plenty to love about the products HK puts out, but this is the first instance where I have a legitimate criticism. Don't stick your logo on it just to sell the junk.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
606 Posts
I could care less - I never use bags like that anyway because I don’t want something to scream: hey here’s a gun come and steal it

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
606 Posts
I don’t much care for solid black bags either which also scream: I’m a gun steal me.
Now here is what I think is a good carry bag IMHO
Discrete, covert colors with non-military, non-law enforcement looking materials provide non-descript use
57E5703C-9D0D-47EA-85EB-084D09D83647.jpeg
BF5B96DD-D4BE-456B-A82E-1D64AFA2AFE0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Yes, I can confirm newest SP5, USC and Mr556 all come with these cheap quality bags. Terrible stitching, low quality padding, etc. Only good for storage, not as everyday range bag. The funny thing is that the best selling Savior brand bags on Amazon are also made in China, yet are of much better quality. I think HK went with the cheapest bid from China.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
606 Posts
actually from a quick view I think the bag is pretty good quality / Of course save it for the next guy LOL / It does make a decent shipping bag inside of a cardboard box

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have to say you are way off on that when it comes to HK Europe sided obviously you have never ordered from them or you would know how well it's made.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
606 Posts
Sorry I did not mean to imply that is not well made - I just think things like that are made by cheap labor wherever it is found in the world - used to have millions of commercial sewing machines in this country - I apologize if I offended you

·
Registered
79 Posts
The plastic case the HK rifles come in in germany are made in italy, with the HK logo painted over it. There is apparently still a large factory in italy making such cases. Haenel and other competitior use the exact same case but some like haenel don't bother to put any logo on it, and Oberland Arms or Schmeißer put their own white logo on it. So case wise there is nothing special about the HK case.

It's amazing that people are surprised that such things are not made in the US or Europe. The Chinese make what you pay them to make. From original I phones and Macs (designed In California, but Made in China) to fake Gucci bags and Ferrari Watches with Peugeot lions on them. You get what you pay for.

Intel makes CPU's in Indonesia BTW.

[moderator edit] let's keep geopolitics out of the discussion please.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts