HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so pissed right now!!! :mad:
Had an opportunity to acquire an HK brochure (74-page with slip cover) from the 1960's.
Unfortunately, I had to be away from my computer and was outbid by 10 freakin' dollars. I suppose that I should have had the maximum bid higher but there had been no action for some time. Damned late-bid watchers!
Would have loved to share pics with all of you. Oh, well!

Tony

·
2,831 Posts
you outbid me if that makes you feel better ;) I should have gone $160....but I figured somone was going over $200 so I gave up

was also worried when I see no feedback(if I was smarter I would have realized that was you) from a buyer that it might have been a shill bid(by seller) which it aprears was not the case

my guess is Bo was also a bidder

·
2,831 Posts
please do not bid because you think its me.....I wouldnt be as kind ;)

and you had bid before me anyway....

love to see that lit.....74 pages of HK goodness :(

Sorry, I did not recognize your bidder name or I would not have bid on the item! :D
I still do NOT feel better! ;)
The "aggxxx" COULD have been a giveaway.

Tony

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,917 Posts
Can you post a link to the auction? I'd like to see this piece. I don't think I have it either.

I have some big G3 manuals from 1962, but this sounds really interesting.

Bo adopted me and so when he goes, it's all mine.

(He just doesn't know it)

Shhhhh!

:D

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,917 Posts
Dang. I don't have that one.

I don't surf ebay regularly for that stuff anymore. Too many counterfeit ballcaps.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts

Damn. That rocks. I probably wouldn't have gone even $150 on it, but it sure looks great.

Anybody ever try AuctionSniper.com? You put in the max you want to pay for something, and it automatically enters the bid with 5 seconds or so to go. No more getting outbid by $1 at the last second. Your first 3 are free, then it's 1% of the winning bid of the auctions that you win. If you don't win, you don't pay.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I use Auction Sniper for everything I buy off of ebay unless its an obvious "easy win" or I decide to use BuyItNow. It works great.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pro,

You might try contacting the buyer to see if he can provide you some pics of the manual content for the site.

He might even be a member here and we just don't know it.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paging Landpimp,

That darned "buzzhawk" is at it again.
Man, he is buying up all the HK brochures.
Any way, I finally went through my collection of brochures and did find an HK brochure/thick one (actually two) from 1976.
I really would have liked the one that got away recently.

Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts