HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing a lot of videos of people giving their top carry pistols. I never see HK mentioned. Am I missing something? My fullsize USP9 is a little big to carry, but I've heard raving reviews about the compacts and sub-compacts. Are people just hating or what? Is it an American thing? Sig usually ends up on the list so it's not about country of origin. Just trying to figure out whatvthe deal was.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of videos of people giving their top carry pistols. I never see HK mentioned. Am I missing something? My fullsize USP9 is a little big to carry, but I've heard raving reviews about the compacts and sub-compacts. Are people just hating or what? Is it an American thing? Sig usually ends up on the list so it's not about country of origin. Just trying to figure out whatvthe deal was.
I suppose it depends on where you are asking/looking. I carry my P2000 4.1 LEM probably 85-90% of the time and when that's not on my hip, it's usually a VP9sk.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Most are P2000, P2000sk, P30sk, and even some P30 I see a lot of videos on Youtube you have to cater your newsfeed TFBTV has a lot of Hk stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yah. I said that about the USP size. The question is why don't the p2000 and p30 models get any love? Is it a supply issue that makes them not a good option to talk about? Price? These are just random reccommended YouTube videos and articles from Google searches (I've been searching for 10mm reviews some get all kinds of things). Just strange I don't see HK mentioned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HK is seen by many as too expensive. But these are the same people who spend hundreds on their Glock, which ends up making it more expensive than the HKs. To each their own though.
That's true for sure. One review had Glock 19 on their list and he had it fully decked out with red dot and rail attachments and other. That's not a Glock 19 anymore. That's a custom and doesn't count.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That's true for sure. One review had Glock 19 on their list and he had it fully decked out with red dot and rail attachments and other. That's not a Glock 19 anymore. That's a custom and doesn't count.
All my 'gun nut' buddies with Glocks have at least as much in them in mods as the cost of the pistol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right, the ratio of HK:Glock pistols out there in the States is probably 1:50. The public discourse goes accordingly.

My P30SK carries and conceals well but I will admit that my Beretta 84FS is a bit thinner and easier to carry for my holsters / location / stature.

·
Registered
162 Posts
typically its because HK isnt as common as sig or glock, and not very many products they have are specifically made for ccw.

the sks are good, but they should all be 15 rd capacity, flush fit because they really compete more with the g19. g26 is smaller and lighter for the same capacity.

if the trend for compact and full size carry keeps going, youll see more HKs. This trend is only really among people who understand what constitutes a high quality holster and setup. a big reason people go super tiny is because they buy run of the mill holsters, belts etc and they think anything bigger is impossible. but HK is releasing that small gun soon, so maybe thatll work out for em

·
Registered
681 Posts
P2000 is my conceal carry for sweatshirt jacket seasons. Sig P938 for shorts and t shirt weather. If HK release a decent micro 9, I’ll replace my Sig with it.

·
Some gun guy
435 Posts
Same as above. USPc in 9mm typically. My 9mm slide is getting a red dot put on it, so my .40 is taking it's place.
As menitoned above, ownership ratios between HK and other brands are mostly the factor. Glock and Sig both spit out lots more pistols, and for (most of the time) less money each, and, in Glock's case, they've been spitting out the same pistol for almost four decades, just in different sizes and calibers. So that's why you see so many more of them than HK pistols.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like stated above, mostly supply. In my local shops that I frequent I never see much outside of S&Ws, Taurus, Glock and Ruger. Hks almost never. I have a P30sk which is great, I can conceal it nice but it’s the only one I have ever seen locally. Maybe anecdotal but it is what it is.
The other issue is the associated stigma with HK, meaning you hate money. That might apply to rifles and sub guns, but not really for carry pistols that I have seen and priced online etc. my P30sk was close to the same price as other compacts on the shelves the day I bought it.
Another issue is some of the influencers out there like to gripe, and HK is not unknown to them for some of that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Availability, price and size are to blame IMO. If a store either doesn't have HK's to sell or has other reputable and more compact pistols at half the price, HK's aren't gonna fly out the door.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts