HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have several HK claw mounts. I had purchased one with integral rings from RTG for use on my SR9 series rifle. Rifle was a safe queen so it was a bit tough to get the mount on when I tried.

In fact what happened is I had to try an put a lot of pressure on the catch in order to compress the claw. I put too much pressure on it and cracked the pin used for the locking lever.

I had to pirate a c-pin/roll pin from another sight in order to get this one working. Does anyone know someplace where to get a replacement pin?

Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
more than likely it's metric, try McMaster-Carr, if not them then do a search for metric roll pins. I'll go eyeball mine when I get off-line.

on a side note I used 3 mm drill banks a guides for re-assembly'ing my P7, that's the size of the two pivot pins, one on the grip cocker and the other was for the trigger. by having longer pin that was tappered, it allowed easier re-assybly. since i traded the P for m V93 i no longer need them, if any one wants them, PM me, sorry for the hijack, Derek

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No probs Derek.

I would like to stay away from the roll pins. It just bugs me seeing solid pins for everything on that claw and one single roll pin........plus I need to grind it down as it's too long.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Kurt, I agree, i just looked at mine and they are definately steel pins or rivets, looks like they are pressed in then squeezed or lightly tap'ed to peen the rivet.
if you have a piece of one, put against a magnet to test that it is indeed steel.
I've hand peened a few hundred aluminum and many a steel rivets, ussually 4, 6, 8, 12 to a diaphragm assy in commercial aircraft component overhauls, plus I've bucked many in aircraft sheet metal. between myself and the outstanding machinist at work we could figure it out in a 5 minutes. if you want PM me, I'll fix it for the shipping charge.

Derek

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's steel. I punched out the broken pin last night and it was sticking to the magnet of my punch set's box.

I'm just not sure where to find a solid pin of the correct diameter, grade, and length, other than that it's a simple fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts