HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there,
I have acquired 2 HK claw mounts with Hensoldt Fero Z24 scopes. I purchased them from Cheaper Than Dirt. When I try to mount them on my HK 91's they will not go on. The problem seems to be a "bumper" that is on the rear of the claw mount that will not let the mount clear the rear sight. If Schubrichtung means forward, then the only way that the mounts will attach is backwards. And with no problem. I have a third claw mount that does not have the bumper and it mounts on all of my rifles just fine. What gives? Are these mounts for another issue of the HK 91 like the G3 or Cetme or maybe for another HK model? I am stumped and I am asking for some knowledgeable information before I resort to trying to chip off the "bumpers". I thank you in advance for your time.
Thank you,
Pete

·
2,832 Posts
remove the bumper it will not work on a 91 but will work on a G3

you can just pop the bumper off, i think there are 2 holes in the mount it fits into and then some glue or something, I just take a pair of pliers and take em off

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Mine was glued on too well to come off with pliers and I was afraid I was going to crush it if I used my big pliers.

So... on the back side of the area the bumper mounts to are two tiny holes. You can push the bumper pegs out with an allen wrench or something like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Schubrichtung = Thrust direction.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
HK mounting problems

I had the same problems with mine. once you push out the bumpers they are fine, like someone said take a small punch and gently tap them out, thats all their is and you mount will go on as designed. the bumps were designed for the other HK group sub guns etch which require more or less to fit properly and the 90 series also.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to thank everyone for their advice and information. The two mounts and scopes now mount perfectly. Thanks again.
Pete

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
It is not Schubrichtung but Schußrichtung which means something like 'direction of shot'
Yes, it is literally "shot direction". It always reminds me of Goldmember in Austin Powers - "Now the shoosting begins!" I took a few semesters of German in college, but not surprisingly, we never had to use the word Schußrichtung.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts