HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'd like to say hello to everyone. I am a new member here and to forums in general (never been much for forums in the past), as an H&K fan it is only natural I end up here, plus from what I've seen everyone here seems to very well versed in the church of H&K so hopefully you guys can help me out with making up my mind for a "little" project. The project I have in mind involves H&K clones (as to why I'm posting in here). What I want do is either a PTR91F sniper platform essentially turning it into a G3SG1 with wide forearm, HK bipod, and I've been looking at the BARSKA SWAT series scopes for it. Or the other project I've been throwing around is taking a Vector Arms V93 and turning it into an all around bastardized assault rifle with a tactical railed forearm, forward grip, and retractable stock...Now I know these two ideas are on two different ends of the spectrum, but I just simply can't make up my mind as to which one I want to do...first. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Parts for the .308 guns are generally far more readily available.

Ammo for the .223 gun is generally far more readily available, and affordable.

That said, IMO .308 is more betterer! :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Do both: turn a PTR-91F into an all-around, bastardized assault rifle with a collapsible stock (see avatar).

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The PTR is the way I'm leaning right now, cheap mags, available parts, etc. but the ammo price is always in the back of my mind, that and pics I keep seeing online of really nice looking 33's/93's (although as stated I could do the same thing with the PTR and convert in between assault and sniper, thought crossed my mind, but .223 is better for mid range rapid fire) ...I will surely post pics when I get this all together, might be a few more weeks. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts