HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a real HK MP or good clone and from what I have seen on HKparts.net is Dakota Tactical or ATI better if I cant get my hands on a real HK. Also will either take registered sear pack reliably.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ashton

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Dakota Tactical has received very good reviews and has a loyal following, however, if you can find an HK94 that has been converted to the specifications that you wish, buying a German gun is never a mistake if it is with in your budget.

A German HK94 with a shortened and tri-lug barrel, paddle mag release, full auto bolt carrier and restamped (before it was a Tittle II firearm ;-) will most likely set you back a littler over five grand. Which added to the thirteen grand for the sear, starts to be real money ;-).

If you are looking for both the MP5 and the sear (or a trigger pack ;-) then you might find a combination.

Good Luck and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Dakota Tactical is sear ready. Look around on GB for an older Vector. Or look up DJF here on the forum and see what he has. A SP89 will set you back about 5K and a HK 94 around 4K. But, I can't say enough about trolling the gun boards. Deals can be had.

Welcome.

There is no cure for the illness. You poor bastard. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am in the market for a real HK MP or good clone and from what I have seen on HKparts.net is Dakota Tactical or ATI better if I cant get my hands on a real HK. Also will either take registered sear pack reliably.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ashton
If you're looking to get a sear host then the ATI/MKE guns are off the table -- they have a block that prevents you from using a full-auto bolt carrier.

I have a Dakota Tactical D54P-N pistol that I've converted to a short barreled rifle. The fit and finish of the rifle is top notch and it has been flawless -- I've shot about 5,000 rounds through it. I couldn't ask for a better shooter.

Anyway, I frequent the Silver Eagle Group range in Ashburn. In fact, I am thinking of stopping by there Saturday afternoon. If you see me shooting my MP5 stop by and say hi -- I'll let you run a few rounds through her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're looking to get a sear host then the ATI/MKE guns are off the table -- they have a block that prevents you from using a full-auto bolt carrier.

I have a Dakota Tactical D54P-N pistol that I've converted to a short barreled rifle. The fit and finish of the rifle is top notch and it has been flawless -- I've shot about 5,000 rounds through it. I couldn't ask for a better shooter.

Anyway, I frequent the Silver Eagle Group range in Ashburn. In fact, I am thinking of stopping by there Saturday afternoon. If you see me shooting my MP5 stop by and say hi -- I'll let you run a few rounds through her.
Programmatore, how long have you been shooting at SEG? I just work work there as an instructor and Range safety officer.

Is your D54P-N semi or full auto?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Programmatore, how long have you been shooting at SEG? I just work work there as an instructor and Range safety officer.

Is your D54P-N semi or full auto?
I've been shooting at SEG for about a year and a half. I've also take several courses there (defensive carbine, concealed carry). Very nice range.

My D54P-N is just a semi-auto SBR for now. I had a chance to buy a S&H sear in an SEF pack last year but I couldn't pull the trigger (pun intended). I might try again this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts