HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is full color, four page article in the January 20 issue of Shotgun News comparing the USP Tactical to the Combat Competition. It is a decent article but not flawless.

I didn't realize the Combat Competition was using the hybrid Match/LEM trigger. I made a quick trip the HK website for specs. While there, I noticed that the pictured weapons fiber optic rod appears to be missing from the front sight....

http://www.hk-usa.com/cc_general.html

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the combat Competition on my USPc 9mm and I love it. By far my favorite H&K and trigger. The only part of the setup that couldn't be put on the compact was the adjustable trigger...which apparently with some modifications can be made to work in the compacts.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
That is strange. The photo on HK's site definatly shows that the Hi-Viz post for the front sight is missing/uninstalled.

Furthurmore, I have seen the posts in red and yellow/green. Mine has the yellow/green post. I am unsure if the color difference is caliber specific, i.e. red on the 9mm and yellow/green on the .40, or whether it is just arbitrary. Also, keep in mind the LEM model is the only one with a hybrid match trigger while the V1 of this same pistol is standard DA/SA and nothing different then a standard V1 USP, this is the model I have as I prefer DA/SA over LEM.

·
Registered
562 Posts
What type of groups does the combat comp produce? Will someone post some targets/ammo/yrds results. I have been interested in this pistol

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
It shoots real nice. Sights are kind of hard to get used to if your not familiar with Novaks though. They are nothing like other HK sights and I would kill for some rear index dots on them. However, the Hi-Viz front does acquire very fast.

Other than that, it basically shoots just like any other fullsize USP. I happen to feel less precieved recoil from my USPc then the fullsize Combat Comp. so personally I shoot the compact better.

If you are a fan of fullsize USP's then you might like the Combat Comp. espescially if you like LEM and want the hybrid trigger.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What type of groups does the combat comp produce? Will someone post some targets/ammo/yrds results. I have been interested in this pistol
This is one of "those" questions that has too many subjective factors to be answered accurately. Keep in mind for some strange reason, HK decided to use the LEM trigger in a gun marketed for competition. The only thing I am sure about, IMO, is that a USP DA/SA with a match trigger would be more accurate than any LEM model given the same shooter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts