HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs 424D57 and I are starting to get into competition a bit more and finding our fobus paddle holsters quite lacking on the draw. Specifically the holsters seem not to hold to our belts well, cock to the side and don't easily release.

Initial targets are Steel Challenge and USPSA production, with IDPA likely to follow soon. Weapon platforms include P30LS, and a couple USP Compacts.

So, the question is.. those of you out there using HKs in competition, what do you use/prefer for a holster? Any answers appreciated just looking to narrow down some options. I think most of my 1911 and glock friends are using blade-tech DOHs but I have zero experience with the company and even less with what options there are for HK + competition.

Thanks,
424D57

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Since I used IDPA as practice in case I ever needed to draw my weapon for real, I used my carry holster, Crossbreed Supertuck. YMMV

Enjoy competition and Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I shoot the same platform as you, in IPSC and Steel Challenge as well. I have been nothing but happy with my Comptac belt loop holster and clip on mag pouches. Good price, and fast production time. The retention is adjustable on both the pouches and the holster. The holster is fully legal, well made and is fast.

For a belt I am using a CR Speed, just in case you needed one of those too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I carry my USP .45f in an IWB Blade-Tech that's IDPA approved and it works great for me! Easy draw with a smooth presentation.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I use a DOH-type holster that I made myself for Production Division, and the same type holster body (but with standard belt loops) for IDPA--also home-built.

·
Registered
374 Posts
For IDPA I use my carry rig a Milt Sparks VMII, for USPSA I'll probably use my Cane and Derby Pardus OWB (Kydex)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts