HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Travis @ Hk and explained to him about no orings. I also advised him about the gouges in the picitinny rail. He was a cool person to talk too and he will send out tomorrow some replacement o-rings (& catalog, FINALLY!).

It is people like Travis that keep me purchasing their products. Thank you Travis.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,740 Posts
Travis is a major A-list kinda guy. Of course, he likes pie...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
but the glock guys told me that hk cs was bad
I am glad to hear they made it right.
Glock guys always say that. Just like the fat chick at work knows all about how to lose weight.

The last idiot "armorer" I talked to at Glock told me "The weapon is not designed to be hand cycled." I had called to ask why I couldn't rack my .40 when it was loaded. That was his answer. I then asked him to explain immediate action, or tap, rack, bang. When he got to "rack the slide to the rear" I said "Exactly moron! How the hell am I supposed to do that when I have a weapon that you say isn't 'designed to be hand cycled'?!?!"

Shortly thereafter I purchased my first HK.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We must have had the same armorer. I was complaining to the armorer here about my G30SF not feeding GDHP's and that when I racked the slide to chamber a round, it jammed half way into the chamber. He told me Glocks weren't built to "hand cycle". So, how do you propose to get a round in the chamber? I think these guys need a lot more than 8 hours of classroom instructions. Long story short, I sold the pistol and never looked back. Glocks are terrible about eating up the rims and extractor grooves for reloaders-something I don't need is chewed up new brass.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm glad you all are having good experiences with them. They never returned my call. I ended up fixing the gun myself (new extractor spring).

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Travis and the entire staff at HK Customer Service have performed above and beyond any customer service staff I have ever experienced; guns, cars, hvac, you name it. There are many testimonies on this forum alone concerning how effective and professional Travis and others have been. Just try doing a search. Not returning a call could be the result of many things. In fact, I have failed to return a few calls in my career. I bet most others have as well.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Travis and the entire staff at HK Customer Service have performed above and beyond any customer service staff I have ever experienced; guns, cars, hvac, you name it. There are many testimonies on this forum alone concerning how effective and professional Travis and others have been. Just try doing a search. Not returning a call could be the result of many things. In fact, I have failed to return a few calls in my career. I bet most others have as well.
This ^

·
Registered
794 Posts
Never had a problem with my HK pistols so I have not had to call HK CS for an issue. I have talked with them several times with questions on maintenance and model specs. Every one I talked with at HK was very professional, courteous, and friendly. They took the time to clearly answer my questions and did not rush to get off the phone. That just adds to the confidence I have in HK. Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, I know they have a good reputation on this forum. I'm just saying that I'm apparently one of the unlucky ones and did not receive good customer service. Not returning calls is a pet-peeve of mine. If a mechanic or shop or whoever doesn't return my call(s), I take my business elsewhere because it's a sign of laziness. I left HK my name, number, and a quick description of the problem I was having. I run my own business and have never failed to return someone's call.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A1Fiddler, there is a difference between a local business and a company who serves the nation. I had a great experience.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldn't write off Customer Service as bad just because of one unreturned call.
A follow up call more than likely would have resulted in a new extractor spring being sent out free of charge. I have had nothing but excellent service from HK.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I had to talk to Travis I had nothing but a great experience. He even warned me that there might be a delay in shipping out a new hammer for my handgun because they were working on shipping out military items. I'll gladly wait for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sent my HK45 to them for a LEM conversion. HK CS called me that following Monday to confirm the work, take payment, and my HK45 arrived at my door the very next day!!!! If HK CS was ever bad, they have definately turned it around and I couldn't have been happier!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts