HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI folks, Cheers

The Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System rifle will transition from the HKey Mod attachment system used on H&K’s solicitation winning submission to the M-Lok attachment from Magpul. In this case, it’s a Geissele Rail (and optics mount).

MDM - CSASS Goes M-Lok - Soldier Systems Daily

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Yes! I love that handguard and although I like the round "HKey" I have sent back several of the Hkey rail sections and finally just gave up using them as they "lock up" and the only way to remove them is to drill them out-and I am talking about hand-tightening-after they sit for a bit I think it is something with the cam and dissimilar metals. Anyone else have that issue? I am definitely going to buy this new CSASS handguard when it is available for my MR762!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Yes! I love that handguard and although I like the round "HKey" I have sent back several of the Hkey rail sections and finally just gave up using them as they "lock up" and the only way to remove them is to drill them out-and I am talking about hand-tightening-after they sit for a bit I think it is something with the cam and dissimilar metals. Anyone else have that issue? I am definitely going to buy this new CSASS handguard when it is available for my MR762!
My dad bought one from HKpRts that shipped with attached mounts that were stuck (obvious return) and they basically refused to take it back.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Good because those rails make the rifle. I love my MR556 with the 14.5 Geissele. I'd like my future MR762 to have one as well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
M-Lok is the preferred rail by the end users and this was the result of a government directed change. No one wanted/wants Keymod due to issues with accessories coming loose especially when being braced against things. The rail is a special build by Geissele for the CSASS and looks great. Geissele also has the trigger for the CSASS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,426 Posts
MLOK hands down! What HK did with the key mod, they can make the same backwards design with MLOK and feel good about making it proprietary!

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,426 Posts
It was actually the HK USA that did it backwards. The real German HKey is not.
Yes, I'm aware and even a backwards MLOK would still be the same.

But that's not the main reason why I like the MLOK over the Key Mod. I just like the way it looks and it does seem to be gaining popularity as evident with this post.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, I'm aware and even a backwards MLOK would still be the same.

But that's not the main reason why I like the MLOK over the Key Mod. I just like the way it looks and it does seem to be gaining popularity as evident with this post.
Yep, got the joke. Just wanted to point out that the ass backwards KeyMod implementation in HK USA civilian rifles has nothing to do with the true HKey design. BTW I like the MLOK over the KeyMod too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts