HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Here we go.

Who was it that you spoke to by the way? And just to clarify you did call HK and not HKparts.net correct?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was HK. Spoke with Link on the phone and Sam via email..Sam said that it's normal for the hammer to rub the frame or slide..

·
Registered
262 Posts
That sucks, rep must be having a bad day and then you called. Customers are always right and all that good stuff; however sometimes the service you receive is a representative of your attitude when you called. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I bought an LEM kit, installed it and it has the dreaded hammer lean. Called HK they told me to send a picture so I did. Now they are saying that the lean is normal and that it's even OK for the hammer to rub against the slide on one side!!! WHAT????!!!!! They told me to deal with it....very disappointed.
Why does it seem everyone that installs the lem themselves has problems, my lgs did mine for 80 and it came out perfect, just wandering

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was no attitude from me when I called. I was in a good mood and he simply asked me to send pictures. I said no problem and then another rep started handling it via email..

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
When I called on the same issue the only thing I was asked was if my address was the same. That wasn't long ago but it wasn't Link or Sam either so who knows?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I know I'll catch some heat for this, but here is my take on this.

I have leaning hammers too, but everything works fine. It my opinion, this a cosmetic issue that HK has fixed in the past out of a want to be nice. I don't think they should be compelled to fix his issue if it does not relate to function.

Again, just my .02, but I would not be overly concerned.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts

I have leaning hammers too, but everything works fine. It my opinion, this a cosmetic issue that HK has fixed in the past out of a want to be nice. I don't think they should be compelled to fix his issue if it does not relate to function.

Glad I am not the only one with this view!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I record all of my phone calls to all customer service. It's just good business. If everything is taken care of then it's all good. If it's bad then I post it to youtube. That way people can judge me as well to see if I am being unreasonable. So far Berretta has been the only gun company that made me flip my lid.

I've dealt with CS for every brand Gun I've ever bought except H&K. I think it's more than a good sign that I haven't had to contact HK for any reason yet. :0)P

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I record all of my phone calls to all customer service. It's just good business. If everything is taken care of then it's all good. If it's bad then I post it to youtube. That way people can judge me as well to see if I am being unreasonable. So far Berretta has been the only gun company that made me flip my lid.

I've dealt with CS for every brand Gun I've ever bought except H&K. I think it's more than a good sign that I haven't had to contact HK for any reason yet. :0)P
I hope you informed them that the conversation was being recorded or you could face legal consequences.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

Exactly.
HK will even tell you it is just cosmetic. When this “leaning” hammer issue popped up months ago, I checked my HK45 and noticed it. I never noticed before, so I called HK and asked if it would affect function, they said no, just cosmetic. So I never replaced it and I have thousands of trouble free rounds through my HK45.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts