HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend any HK dealers or armorers in SE MI?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
While they are both dealers neither are HK Authorized Armorers to my knowledge.

The only known HK Armorer in the area *WAS* AR Gun Sales (ARGS) in Eastpoint, Michigan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are looking for only a HK Dealer, and can drive to Fenton,MI, then Guns Galore has a huge selection/freshest guns/lowest prices. Bought two from them, and I live in Battle Creek!

·
Registered
142 Posts
+1 for Guns Galore, BUT, Ive found service there to be less than excellent on more than a few occasions.

Firearms Exchange in Westland is an AWESOME place to go.

Double Action Is gREAT Also, AL is a great guy to deal with.

Dont' support Target sports for any reason whatsoever, I have my reasons, Lets just say spending 10K in a day there doesnt earn you a bit of anyone politeness

Jays in Clare has a good HK selection

MighiGun in St. Clair Shores has always been fair to deal with

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
While they are both dealers neither are HK Authorized Armorers to my knowledge.

The only known HK Armorer in the area *WAS* AR Gun Sales (ARGS) in Eastpoint, Michigan.

That's funny. They[Al and Rich] came to me at a gunshow, to reassemble a Benelli for one of their customers.

·
Registered
737 Posts
OUCH! I used to work with both Al and Rich at the shows from 1996 to 2000. Fun times. I can't imagine why they'd require someone else's services. I would always take the time to thoroughly clean the HK33 and MP5s they had. GREAT circle of friends and associates they had. I miss those days.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I live in SE MI, give me a call.

Joe
734-673-7008

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, I'm stunned to see the negatives for Target Sports. They've always been pretty good for me when I've been in there, and I've never spent a lot of money. I got a good deal on a Nikon scope a while back, and they were pretty helpful when I needed another leather carry rig. The price on the rig was about average.

They are however in the Royal Oak and Birmingham area, so depending on the day, I could see some snobbery coming out of them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have nothing but angst for Target. Never had a good experience there. Michigun is outstanding. Those guys know me by face even when I don't walk in there for a couple years. Double-action is great, too. Good selection, fairly helpful, great indoor ranges.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They are however in the Royal Oak and Birmingham area, so depending on the day, I could see some snobbery coming out of them.
Well in my opinion, they Would attract alot more customers if they were More friendly...... I use to frequent the much more before they changed owners, but not with these greedy S.O.B's!!!! I go online or to the Gibraltar Trade Center before I would EVER go back there again!!! The stock they carry anymore is pitiful compared to what use to be back in the day. The last time I went in there I felt like I was in a third world country.....enough said???

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well in my opinion, they Would attract alot more customers if they were More friendly...... I use to frequent the much more before they changed owners, but not with these greedy S.O.B's!!!! I go online or to the Gibraltar Trade Center before I would EVER go back there again!!! The stock they carry anymore is pitiful compared to what use to be back in the day. The last time I went in there I felt like I was in a third world country.....enough said???
Okay.

I haven't been in there for a while. I guess I'll have to go see.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Okay.

I haven't been in there for a while. I guess I'll have to go see.
Desert Fox 1891,
All I can say is that I was there for the last time this past summer looking for some practice & carry ammo..... Was in the store for approx 40 min...walking past the sales staff...and wasn't asked once if I needed help. I made it quite obvious that I was interested in a few products, but didn't seem to care. That really ticked me off and I said never again...... Guess they wasn't interested in increasing the bottom line.....who knows, maybe it's only a front for other activites..... Couldn't care less now. If your interested, there's a big gunshow up at Birch Run at the expo center this weekend. I'm going to take a run up there to see what they have to offer. Good luck on your "Target Sports" run..................

·
Registered
552 Posts
damnit! If you happen to find a springfield GI .45 Olive Drab. . . I can't find any, but it is more difficult over here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Armorers in MI?

Eddie at Double Action has done the following USPc mods for me:

-Control lever change (to Full size lever)
-Detent plate swap from V1 to V9
-mainspring change to wolff 12 lb.

He's not an HK certified armorer (yet) but he knows HKs pretty damn good. He's a great guy too. I'm going to have a spurred hammer installed next month. Give him a call, I'm sure he can help you out..

+1 on the target sports complaints. The boss there is arogant (the albanian looking dude), although the clerks are ok. The indoor range in their royal oak store is a joke. Their long guns are ridiculously overpriced (1500+ for an M&P 15 MOE!!! - you can get this for 1049 at shooter's service in livonia).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone try Firing Line 38427 Webb dr. Westland MI 734-326-7320. I just bought my P30 from them n Sept and n the last year 6 other pistols and they have a range.Most guns they sale they also have for rent.Its always pretty busy but they take care of u and have awsome prices

·
Registered
737 Posts
Anyone try Firing Line 38427 Webb dr. Westland MI 734-326-7320. I just bought my P30 from them n Sept and n the last year 6 other pistols and they have a range.Most guns they sale they also have for rent.Its always pretty busy but they take care of u and have awsome prices
Best gun store in the area by far. The prices are great and the staff are shooters - as are the assistants who come in and walk behind the counter. Hilarious guys if you get to know them - especially Tommy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts